Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

How do i fix a termination code 1209 error -3000 in

Customer Question
DMNextrecord I get this message in...
how do i fix a termination code 1209 error -3000 in DMNextrecord

I get this message in MYOB AccountRight Premier v19.6, There must of been an issue over the network and now when i go to bank reconciliation screen i get this message:
AccountRight Premier must terminate.
Termination Code:1209
Importnat Details: Error -3000 in DMNextRecord (5049:7000:160).
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Financial Software
5/16/2012
Tech Support Rep: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 5 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
hi from just answer. this is not an uncommon problem with MYOB software.
You may have a data file error or corruption. If you have a valid backup, you may wish to restore from it and 'workaround' your problem.
Before that, you may want to verify or optimize your data. You should know that others reporting this error did not report success repairing their data file.
MYOB considers this a data error, and will not support its repair as part of its software support. They would help repair the data file, but the last report I saw said they charge for the repair.
If this answers your question, please let us know, and thanks from Just Answer.
Your answer is common knowledge. I needed a fix so as to avoid paying MYOB $$$ every time this occurs and when they fix it in 2 mintues and charge me $200.
There are a number of possible sources of the error.
1. The company file is corrupt, even though it passes verification. This is the most likely. See if you can reproduce the error with a recent backup, and if so, you might look further back. You might be able to isolate a problem transaction.
the MYOB-us web site recommends optimizing the company file... it might fix it. And it might not.
2. The MYOB software installation is corrupted. If you have other installations, try it with one of them.
3. There are network problems. See if you can reproduce the problem when you are the only user of the company file and, ideally, you are local to the file.
4. You have other hardware or software (OS or conflicting software) problems. Again, trying to get your bank rec on another computer should rule this out.
It's hard to be more specific. There was a US MYOB site with support for these errors, but it was down when I checked.
Thanks again from Just Answer.
Simply the question was, how do i fix a termination code 1209 error -3000 in DMNextrecord. Common knowledge is optimising the file and very data. It is also common knowledge to send the data file into MYOB itself.

This is not what l was looking for.
Tech Support Rep: Lindie-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Lindie-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Everything answer i received i already knew. More disappointing is the the fact that no-one answered the question but rather skirted around the problem with common knowledge stuff or easy to get information from the MYOB site. So i have resorted to another site to assist. Not sure what happens from here and whether im entitled to a refund?
Tech Support Rep: Lindie-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional . Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.
PDtax
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner