Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I have just switched to a new computer. After installing QuickBooks…

I have just switched to...
I have just switched to a new computer. After installing QuickBooks 2004 it won't start, and gives me the error codes shown below. I have AVG and Norton antivirus programs. I can didable AVG, but not Norton.
-7778 without disabling the antivirus programs.
-7824 with disabling AVG but not Norton.
How can I determine what needs to be fixed?
3/10/2012
huebelhoer
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues today. From your description I can already tell (95% possibility) what is causing the issues on your computer. YOu can not run 2 antivirus's at the time. YOu can not even have 2 antivirus's installed at the same time. YOu need to remove one of them and your issues should go away. Here is the problem. When you have 2 antivirus's on at the same time, it causes isues with deleting programs, adding programs, and many other things. So most likely if you try to delete one you will get an error message.

Here is what you need to do.

1. Decide which one you want to keep. I would suggest that you keep AVG since its Free and its a great antivurus program, but that is your cal.

2. TUrn off your comptuer

3. Turn the computer back on and immediately start tapping F8 over and over

4. You will see a menu show up what you can Select "Safe Mode WIth Networking" use your arrow keys to select it, then use enter to select it

5. Let the computer boot up into safe mode. Safe mode will look much different than what your computer normally looks like

6. Now lets uninstall 1 of the antivirus's click start > click on control panel > Click on Uninstall a program > now find the antivirus in the list of programs that shows up and click on it > now click on uninstall at the top of the page > complete the install

7. Restart Your computer

YOu should be all set once you restart. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Please remember to provide me a great rating if I have done a great job. If you need more help please reply back and I will be happy to work with you until this is resolved. If you see a Green Accept button, please remember to hit the Gren accept if you are happy with my work.

Regards,

Hans E Uebelhoer

Tapping F8 on my computer has no effect. So...I un-installed Norton, disabled AVG and reinstalled QuickBooks. Then when I try to start QuickBooks a small window appears with a message saying QuickBooks cannot start...error code 7815... I tried twice today and got the same error code: 7815. Any ideas???

Yes, here is what you can do. I want you to download and run a Quckbooks Clean Install utility. First please make sure you uninstall quick books and then restart your computer. Then download the utility and install quick books again.
  1. Download the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe file and save it to your desktop.
  2. Open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.
  3. Click I Accept on the license agreement.
  4. Select your version of QuickBooks and click Continue to start
  5. Click OK when you see the message "QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory."

Please remember to provide me a great rating if I have done a great job. If you need more help please reply back and I will be happy to work with you until this is resolved. If you see a Green Accept button, please remember to hit the GREEN ACCEPT button if I have provided you great service.

Regards,
Hans E Uebelhoer

If you want more help from me in the future, please go HERE http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-huebelhoer/ now and then save that page to your bookmarks by hitting CTRL + D. Then you can get back to me any time.
How can I find QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe? I get no response when I click on the underlined phrase in your answer text.
Sorry about that the website removed the link because it was an EXE.

CLICK HERE for the file

I got the QB clean install and loaded it on my computer. One hitch was that my 2004 version of QB was not listed as an option on the install menu, so I selected 2007. Now I've intalled QB and it failed again. This time it reported error code 7794. Who knows what these error codes mean? I'm frustrated.

I am not familiar with that error. I am going to opt out and see if another expet is familiar with that error message.

Regards

Hans Uebelhoer
Robert M., Consultant

If the new computer is running windows 7 quickbooks 2004 is NOT SUPPORTED. It will not run under windows 7.

You need to upgrade to a newer version of quickbooks

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=Quickbooks&page=2

Robert M., Consultant