Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

technicalcat, i have a small business and need help with a…

Customer Question
technicalcat, i have a small...
technicalcat, i have a small business and need help with a weekly payroll report software. Hopefully you can help??
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Financial Software
2/28/2012
Tech Support Rep: technicalcat,
 replied 6 years ago
technicalcat
Sure! Please tell me the problem you are having in detail, and we'll start solving it.
Its slightly complicated to explain could you open a chat?
technicalcat can you do that?
Tech Support Rep: technicalcat,
 replied 6 years ago
I could , but you are offline now. I do prefer the instant responses , and have been able to answer ALL my customer's questions this way. Up to you, but please send me some information on the problem. Thanks!
Tech Support Rep: John D, BS Degree in Engineering. replied 6 years ago
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.

Have a look at this preliminary test file

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201202/1330496999Crabbers_TEST.xlsm.html

You make the selections on the Cover Sheet, then click the Go! button to run the macro. A report will be generated for the specified crabber, the specified week, and for the specified price key

This test version applies to crabbers only

(PS.. since there is a macro in the file you need to make sure that you have your Excel Options configured so that macros are allowed to run, otherwise nothing happens when you click the Go! button. If you need assistance in this regard please let me know,.and provide the version of Excel you are running

John so glad that you were able to come up with this i was losing hope. It certainly does grasp the idea of what i need it to do. It seems i only see two changes as of now that need to be changed in regards XXXXX XXXXX functionality. I need to be able to select the price key for each day individually instead of the entire week as a whole. I will need to be able to do that because sometimes there will be a different price for one specific day. Also it looks like the main date at the top of the receipt is not linked. Thank you for your help with this by the way.

Yes both can be done. If the solution is what you're looking for please go ahead and accept and advise what you consider to be a fair bonus upon completion to make up for the time spent on this hard to understand question. Thank you

Ok so your gona finish it up for me? Ill go ahead and accept but I can't say what would be fair. Can you suggest what you think is fair?

Yes I will finish it up. Experts cannot suggest amounts in the forum. Customers make offers and experts can only accept or leave it

Thanks

John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Ok well i was thinking about how to do the price list. And i dont know if i fully elaborated on that topic a minute ago. On the COVER SHEET can you make it so i can select different price lists to utilize for each day of the week? So for instance if i chose John Doe i could select to use the #1crabber price list for monday and wednesday then the rest of the week i could use #2crabber price list? Ill accept this answer then make an offer

Thanks!

Ok I will create on the Cover Sheet 7 drop down lists for Price Keys. Would that be ok?

Yes that sounds perfect. i created a new question for the extra on completion

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX do not need to open a new question. You can use the Add Bonus button on this page to add the additional payment.

We will continue on this page

Oh ok i see that now
I will give you a bonus of 140 upon completion?

Great! Thanks

Ok I am on it now. Will send you the modified file as soon as I'm done (~ 30 mins)

Ok great thank you

Ok here you

http://wikisend.com/download/317226/Crabbers%20TEST2.xlsm

The new modifications are:

1- Added 7 Price Keys

2- Added all crabbers Names to the drop down list

3- Created an error checking routine to ensure that the date entered in B2 must be a Friday

Go ahead and test it on different combinations and let me know if there are any errors

OK few things. It seems to be operating perfectly. The few things i see that will need adjusting are as follows. First off i need to be able to add and remove names because it depends on who is working that week. I would need to be able to open the program to a default where there would be no names, weights, prices or any type of user inputted data. Another thing is that i see the date on the reciept is still not linking. Also i removed my business information from the left hand side of the receipt when i posted it up. Would you be able to put that back for me or how could i do that myself? And the blue highlight on the receipt file needs to be removed. I will continue to look at the file to see if there is anything else.
Also is it possible to put the key on the cover sheet and remove all the others from the daily sheets?

Josh,

1- A list of names must be provided so the drop down list can use. We can place the list in a remote location on the cover sheet. Do you have the names

2- Which date is not linking. Could you mention the cell reference and on which sheet. Also what should the desired date be?

3- Yes the Price Key can be placed only on the cover sheet

4- Give me the form with the address so I can incorporate it into the appropriate sheet

Sorry i didn't specify exactly on the date for the receipt. The linked date on the receipt which is cell F3 needs to be the same as the Saturday after the week listed on the sheet. For instance if the dates were starting on Friday of course and went from 2/10 through 2/16 then the date on F3 should be 2/18. Ok go ahead and put the price key on the cover sheet. As far as the names i understand that they do need to be on the list. The problem would be that i pick new crabbers up quite often so i could give you a list but it would most likely be a matter of time before i need to put someone else in. So is there some way that i could easily add and remove names from that list?

http://wikisend.com/download/841516/Book1.xlsx
That is the link to the original format of the reciept.

Yes I can create a formula that will pull names from a dynamic list that can have from say 2 to 100 names. That way you can keep adding or removing names and the drop down will always contain the latest names (without showing any blanks)

Ok and can the list be select-able by alphabetical order?

Yes

Ok i think that will work

Ok here you go

http://wikisend.com/download/868098/Crabbers%20TEST3.xlsm

The names list in column V. Try adding or removing names then test the drop down list.

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for authorizing the balance if you are satisfied with the solution (you will find the Add Bonus button in the same message above that you have accepted earlier). Of course I will continue to help if you any follow up questions

Thanks

Take a look at that one you just sent me. The formatting seems to be messed up. Date is missing on cover sheet an is inside the price keys. and the columns in the daily sheets are filled with dates? the names seem to work though

It must have got corrupted on uploading/downloading.. let me check

Zipped version worked perfectly. It seems everything works like it should. I will keep checking things to make sure. Only thing that i see that i would like you to change if its not much trouble is if you could erase all the slots for the money in the daily sheets? where i had a column for the total of each product next to the product and then the total on the last column? I tried to do it myself but it corrupted your macro i guess?

Do you mean columns C, E, G, etc on the 7 daily sheets? I yes I can clear these columns.

Yes columns C, E, G, I, K, and M

Will do

I think with these modifications and refinements we can assume that everything is working as it should. So you can go ahead an release payment

You got it. Your not planning on leaving this site are you? In case i need to change something or to create something in the future?

Thanks :)

http://wikisend.com/download/248224/Crabbers%204.zip

I cleared the data from these columns. If however you find it necessary to remove the entire columns, it will require that the most of the code be modified. I can do that you have to give me about 20 minutes to do it

No I am not :)

You can always request me in the future by typing "For John D" at the beginning of the question.

Josh, I have to step out for a couple of hours. If you want me to totally delete the columns just post back and I will work on it when I get back

John,

Everything looks great. No problem. Yea when you get a chance if you could delete those columns that would be great.

Thanks again

Done! here is the file

http://wikisend.com/download/918952/Crabbers%205.zip

Feel free to get back to me if you have any issues or if you need any modification

Got it John. Will do. Thank you!

You're welcome. Glad I could help

John I am just starting to use that program and i have been having issues with having it calculate the data out to the final receipt page. Could you look it over and fix it for me? I was wandering if somehow the file got corrupted but i am not sure? do you still have a copy of the final product. If so could you check it out for me?

I am sorry it's been so long I can hardly remember the issue ( I work on hundreds of files every week). If it was within a reasonable time say 48 hours I would know the issue and be able to help you without having to start all over again

So you didn't still have the file? Could you look it overif i send it to you? Id imagine youd be able ti fix it pretty easily
Tech Support Rep: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 6 years ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

What do you mean opted out? He clearly said that if i had any problems or needed any modification to the program he created that he would take care of it?

Hi, John D here

As I said I will be happy to answer any questions you might have as long as the issue is still fresh. How long do you think I should keep following through, one week, one month, 3 months, one year, or what?.

It would take me at least 45 mins to dig into the issue and try to understand it. Do you think that would be fair, especially when there are solutions offered to thousands of customers.

You could open a new question and I'm sure an expert will assist you with it

Thanks for understanding

I didnt say anything about how long you should keep following through did i? It seema to me you created the program so you could easily fix it? No need to get an attitude. I simply asked a question. Obviously it makes sense for you to fix it. Ill gladly pay you as i did before

Ok go ahead and send me the file and highlight the cells in question and explain what the issue is. Can't promise anything but I will try

Thank you ill go ahead and do that
COVER PAGE has a price key which is off to the the right which converts PRICE per bushel into PRICE per LB which is directly linked to ALL the cells in the Daily sheets. You set it up so that i could add and remove crabbers on the cover page so that i could randomly enter the names along with there daily catch into the daily sheets which would then be computed according to the price per LB sheet into the sheet labeled receipt. So for instance if i were to add John Doe to the cover sheet then enter in his name on the list for TUESDAY i should be able to then come back to the cover sheet select his name, click go and it should automatically compute the data into the RECEIPT page. It was working correctly when you first sent it to me. I went to use it and it will not seem to operate correctly. So the main problem is that the program will not compute the numbers into the final receipt. It will only compute the crabbers NAME and the DATE but it leaves all other fields empty. Thats why i was curious if my file may have been corrupted somehow. If you have any more questions please ask but i feel it will be pretty straight forward for you
Actually i just realized that it does work IF i enter the data into FRIDAY first. However i sometimes have watermen who only bring me product on say ONE day a week. So if i enter data in on ONLY SATURDAY it will not compute it because i have no data entered on FRIDAY. Hopefully that helps.

http://wikisend.com/download/158276/CRABRECEIPT.xlsm

I have to go through the code and the instructions. Looks like it is going to take some time.. Will get back to you when I've had a chance to do so

.

I just went through the requirement thoroughly but I am not able to fully understand this project. I guess I will have to go through the posts on this thread one by one and review the older files so that I can follow the development. As I am quite busy at the moment I will not have time to do all that. So I suggest that you post this as a new question hoping another expert can assist you with it (I have no advantage at this stage over other experts as I completely lost track of what was done)

Wish you good luck