Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

eI have been trying to use Quicken Backup but am rejected because

Customer Question
my Toshiba with Quicken11 is...
eI have been trying to use Quicken Backup but am rejected because my Toshiba with Quicken11 is not "set up" to allow it. I've been trying for 6 months. Can you help? Name Lyman Black, [email protected] Phone XXX-XXX-XXXX cell.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Financial Software
2/26/2012
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 5 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

I recomend AGAINST using the quicken online backup. It is over priced and very difficult to use especially if you are trying to restore from it after a major computer failure. My advice is to take half the money that it costs and buy a couple of flash drives and backup to those. It is faster, easier and a lot more convenient to restore from.

If you do want to use it i will be happy to help. Exactly what message are you getting ?

The most common reasons for having a problem with it are

A. You havent paid for it or the credit card that you paid with expired.

You can give them a new credit card at this link

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/backup--restore--file-issues/error--la-2014--your-online-backup-account-is-disabled-/GEN82254.html

B. the online backup software itself is not installed. You can download and install it from this link

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/bank-download-issues/manually-install-online-backup/GEN82591.html

Robert M., Consultant
The memo I get from Quicken is as follows: "QOB unable to update its settinga in Windows registry. Your logon profile must support registry access. Please execute this installer program using it run as administrator option." What does this mean I should do. I have no knowledge of an administrator or how to do it. I am not linked to any other computer or other user' I heard your recommendation.
Can you tell me about how to change my Windows registry if needed?

I assume that you got that when you ran the online backup install program in the second link.

Temporarily turn off any anti virus or security software that you are running

download that again. Select save rather than run

then rather than double clicking it to run it

right click on it and select "run as administrator"

Robert M., Consultant
Robert M., Consultant