Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

How can I merge two quicken credit card accounts into one account

Customer Question
in Quicken 2011...
How can I merge two quicken credit card accounts into one account in Quicken 2011
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Financial Software
6/18/2011
Tech Support Rep: Bridget Martin, Accountant replied 6 years ago
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin, Accountant

To move transactions from one credit card account to another within the same Quicken data file:
First, make a backup of your Quicken data file, just in case the results are not what you expected.
In account A, mark the transactions that wish to move to account B

- If the transactions are in one contiguous block, click the first transaction to highlight it. Scroll down to the last transaction, press and hold SHIFT then click the last transaction. All transactions within that block should now be highlighted.
- If you need to pick and choose individual transactions, CTRL-Click each transaction individually. They should highlight and stay highlighted as you CTRL-click more transactions.
When done selecting transactions, right-click on any highlighted transaction within the block, click on "Move transactions" in the popup window. Select "Account B" from the popup account list, click OK. That should do it.

That method, assuming Account "A" is the oldest account, can corrupt the categories and bank reconciliations. It is not logical as you are moving the most data from A into B which has the least. It did not work properly.

Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin, Accountant