Shawn P Adamo
Shawn P Adamo, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

I received an email from Quicken saying the my current 2009

Customer Question

I received an email from Quicken saying the my current 2009 version of Quicken Home and Business will no longer work for transfering my bank transactions as of a certain date. I have now purchased the 2011 Home and Business version of Quicken. How do I install the new version without losing my current transactions and information.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 years ago.

It should do it automatically

but just to be safe

in the old version

go to

file / save a copy as browse to my documents and save the file with a new name

go to

file / backup restore / backup create a backup with a new name in my documents or on a flash drive

install the new quicken

it should find the old file and convert it automatically

if it does not

go to file / open

browse to my documents and select the file that you created using the save a copy as

or

go to

file / backup restore / restore and restore the file that you created with the backup

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no file/save on my Quicken program. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. Please help
Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 6 years ago.

1. in 2009 Under FILE, click on BACKUP AND RESTORE, Then BACKUP. It will ask you to select a name and a location to store this file (I would choose DOCUMENTS and create a QUICKEN Folder.

2. Open 2011. Under FILE, click on BACKUP AND RESTORE, point it to the saved file (you can point it to documents, quicken folder, you will see the file you named)

3. You should be up and running.

If this does not answer your question please let me know.

If this answers your question please click the green ACCEPT button and leave Positive
Feedback