Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Bridget, You helped me with a reconcilation issue with Quickbooks

Customer Question
Bridget, You helped me with a...
Bridget,
You helped me with a reconcilation issue with Quickbooks Premier Account Addition 2009 in January. You had me change my preferences but I had to wait until I closed January books to see if it worked. It did not. As soon as I select reconcile, QB locks up my PC and I have to reboot to get back into QB. When I rebooted today QB came back up and I returned to the reconcilation menu and my accounts had completely different amounts and were out of balance. When I first expereinced this problem and wrote to your company, no one but you even had a suggestion and I have still been billed for a fix that hasn't happened. What dfo you now suggest?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Financial Software
2/4/2011
Tech Support Rep: Doug Millington, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 years ago
Doug Millington
Doug Millington, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Doug Millington :

If you have a question about accounting, bookkeeping, Quickbooks or Peachtree I have the answer.

Doug Millington :

I'm not Bridget but believe I can help - first a couple of questions: (1) What operating system is on your computer?, (2) Is it a 64bit operating system?, (3) Are you operating on a stand alone PC?

Doug Millington :

It sounds like a problem with the PDF converter - but I need the answers to my questions to confirm and provide the appropriate solution.

JACUSTOMER-zdfwyxwv- :

Doug,

JACUSTOMER-zdfwyxwv- :

Doug, Thanks for your reply. I tried something while I was waiting for your reply and it worked. I "undid" my December 2010 reconcilations for each of my accounts in QB and then I reconciled them over again. It worked and they are all now reconciled and balanced. What I think has happened is that Bridget recommended a change in my preferences and when I applied those changes, I had already unsuccessfully tried to reconcile. IT's as though all of my accounts needed to be reconciled after the preference change was made. Anyhow, it worked and things appear OK now. I will need to wait until March 1st to verify that this was the fix. Thanjs again for your reply.

JACUSTOMER-zdfwyxwv- :

dj

Doug Millington :

OK - I'm glad you got it sorted out - good luck.

Doug Millington
Doug Millington