Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

How do I transfer my quiken 2008 data from my old computer…

Customer Question
How do I transfer my...
How do I transfer my quiken 2008 data from my old computer to my new computer with Quiken 2011 installed in the new computer?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Financial Software
2/4/2011
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 7 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

On the old computer in quicken

go to file / save a copy as

browse to my documents and name the file qckdata

go to file ./ backup restore / backup

browse to my documents and name the file qckbckp

copy those two files qckdata.qdf and qckbckp.qdb to the new computer

you can do this by copying them to a flash drive to a cd even emailing them to yourself as an attachment

copy them into the my documents folder on the new computer

install the new version of qucken

In the new quicken go to

file / open

browse to my documents and select the qckdata file

that should be all you have to do.

If that does not work

go to file / new create a new blank data file

then go to file / backup restore / restore

browse to my documents select qckbckup

make sure that the box for overwrite current file is checked ( the reason we created the new blank file )

One or the other method should get your old quicken data into the new program. Assuming it was a version from within the last few years.