Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

My tax return keeps getting rejected becasue of pin and it

Customer Question

My tax return keeps getting rejected becasue of pin and it says that it does not match last years ajusted income. Last years retun was auto down loaded from tubo tax. How do I fix this mess. Got new pin and still get same message
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

I checked with TurboTax on the situation of receiving the error message.

Error Code 0679: Authentication Record - When the PIN TYPE Code (SEQ 0008) equals "S" or "O", the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (SEQ 0020) or Primary Prior Year PIN (SEQ 0025) or Primary Electronic Filing PIN (SEQ 0030) must match the Primary Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income or Primary Prior Year PIN or Primary Electronic Filing PIN on the IRS Master File.

The message for error code 0680 is very similar and applies to the spouse on a joint return. If you were not married on the previous return then this could be the real problem.

In any case Turbo Tax has a set of step-by-step instructions on how to handle this in their program. Here is a link to the instructions:

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Efile-status/IRS-Rejection-Error-0679-or-0680--Prior-year-AGI-or-PIN-doesn-t-match-IRS/SLN12645.html

Make sure that if you have a spouse on the return that their information is correct also.

I sincerely hope this information is helpful,