Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I am 88 yrs old and WWII vet which might explain the reason

I am 88 yrs old and WWII vet which might explain the reason for my problems..I have mess-up two accounts, checking and savings by going to Sorting Options and then to By smallest number first...I must have hit a wrong key and the account's went negative and all messed up..How can I restore these accounts to the orignal state.

You are on the right track.

go back to the sorting options and make sure that it sorts BY DATE

that will put your balance and everything else the way it should be.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sir, I have tried both sorting options and the balance is negative

what version are you using and is it actually sorting by date.

You can just click on the title bar where it has the actual word "date" on top of the columns. clicking in any of those boxes where it has the actual word describing what is in the column below it will sort on that column

If it is sorting correctly and the balance is wrong you would want to go over the transactions and see if you are missing one.

On the top of the register it should have the word SHOW and then 2 drop down boxes that should say 'all transactions' and 'all dates'

If it is set to not show deposits for example you are going to show a negative balance

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
II have had these accounts in the computer for 7 yrs and the balances have always been right...I was looking for a 6 cent error when I went to the sorting mode..In searching I also went to the Register Preference and changed several Prefences, what should they be set on...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How can I delete these whole accounts and start over.....;

If you told me which version of quicken you were using and where you changed the preferences i would be able to help you a lot more easily. It sounds like you told it not to display deposits. You want it to display all transactions for all dates.

If you truly do want to start over you can go to

file / new

that will create a brand new data file with absolutely nothing in it. You can start from scratch if you choose to.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have 2010 version of Quicken, I am kind of new fooling with this computer, where is the "Title Bar" I have print outs of these accounts and they are in order with no neg. Rudy  How do you get to file/new

by title bar i mean the little row across the top of the register where it shows the title for each column

it has the actual words "date" "payee" "category" "deposit" etc

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I gt to File/New

on the menu on top there is a File

click that then select new