Tom K
Tom K, Assistant Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Experienced in the usage of Financial programs such as Quickbooks, Peachtree, and Quicken.
38490348

Using Quickbooks Pro 2011 in Windows 7 after power outage and

Customer Question

Using Quickbooks Pro 2011 in Windows 7 after power outage and reboot Windows will not open QB.
When trying to start Quickbooks I get a dialog box that says "Quickbooks has stopped working" "Windows is checking for a solution for the problem"

Then next dialog box says "Quickbooks has stopped working" - "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Tom K replied 6 years ago.
Lets try opening Quickbooks in safe mode to see if we can get it to work.

Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard, and while continuing to hold it down, open Quickbooks.

If it quickbooks opens OK now, open your company file and see if it works.

If you have no further questions and are satisfied with my answer, please remember to click on Accept Answer to close this question. I will continue to work on this question with you until we find a solution that is acceptable to you. I receive no credit for your question until you click Accept.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Tom

I just got off the phone with Quickbooks Tech and he was able to correct the issue....it was pretty involved downloading various missing files, updates etc over 2 hrs worth. I appreciate your time but the problem has been resolved.

Expert:  Tom K replied 6 years ago.
OK glad to see you got it working! If you were satisfied with my assistance, you may still click on Accept Answer.