Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

I am trying to restore data backed up from an old computer,

Customer Question
which is not connected to...
I am trying to restore data backed up from an old computer, which is not connected to the internet, using a flash drive, to my new computer. I get this message:F:CIDCO,Inc is not a valid win32 application. Can you help The quickbooks version is Simple Start 2006
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Financial Software
2/3/2011
Tech Support Rep: Doug Millington, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 years ago
Doug Millington
Doug Millington, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Doug Millington :

If you have a question about accounting, bookkeeping, Quickbooks or Peachtree I have the answer.

Doug Millington :

OK - This issue can be caused by any number of possibilities - including

1. File is corrupt, bad, or missing.

2. File is not designed for your version of Windows.

3. File is a virus, worm, or other malware file.

4. Hardware incompatibility

Doug Millington :

My first suggestion is to see if the get the same message if you plug the flash drive in another computer.

Doug Millington :

If you go to My Computer and left click on the F drive and select explore and copy the backup file to your hard drive and then try to restore your QuickBooks backup file.

Doug Millington :

Let me know if you have any questions.

Doug Millington
Doug Millington