Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I need someone to import an item file in Quickbooks 2007 from…

Customer Question
I need someone to import...
I need someone to import an item file in Quickbooks 2007 from an Excel workbook from either xls. or csv
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Financial Software
6/22/2010
Tech Support Rep: Christopher Bessler, Network Engineer replied 8 years ago
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Network Engineer
This is the standard process for the import you are describing:

1. Save your Excel file or spreadsheet in XLS or XLSX file format or extension.
2. Open your QuickBooks data file.
3. Make a backup of your data so that you would not lose important data should the import doesn't work properly. This is best practice each time you work on any data.
4. Open the "Import a File" window in QuickBooks. Go to the toolbar; from the File menu, choose the "Utilities/Import/Excel Files" menu.
5. Go to the "Set Up Import" tab, then select your Excel file to be imported. Then, if applicable, select the sheet to be imported and leave the box titled "This data file has header rows."
6. Choose "Add New" from the mapping pull-down menu. A window will pop up where you will name the mapping; there you will select an import type, which is based on the type of information being imported. After you select the import type this will be listed under the QuickBooks column.
7. Click on the names to choose the fields you wish your data to be imported into. A pull-down menu will appear beside each name under the "Import Data" column where you will choose the Excel column designation where the data resides in Excel. Click "Save." At this point, you are back to the "Import a File" window.
8. Go to the "Preferences" tab and choose the applicable options to your import.
9. Preview your import by clicking on the "Preview" button. Check if everything looks well before proceeding to the next step.
10. Click on "Import" when everything looks fine. A warning window will pop up, reminding you to make a backup. Make your changes and save.

If this process does not work, please let me know where it is failing, or what the problematic result is and we can continue to troubleshoot.

_______________________________________________________________________
Thank you for your question. If my answer helped at all, please accept. Positive feedback and/or a bonus is always greatly appreciated!

Sorry, I've done all that and I just don't want to waste any more time on it. Problem is fields don't all link and I don't have the patience or time to #$%& with anymore. I want someone to take the excel file I created, the back up Quickbooks company file of the company I just created in QB, import the items file into it, back it up and send me back the QB backup file. To do this , however, you must be using the same version of QB that I use. V17.0D R 13 6/21/2010 Is this something that you would be willing to do?

Jim

Sorry, I am not able to do this.

I do not have access to that version of Quickbooks.

Let me opt out, as another expert may be able to do this for you.
I have opted out.
ok thanks anyway
Sorry!
Tech Support Rep: David Bennett, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor replied 8 years ago
David Bennett
David Bennett, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Hi There!

Please note that experts on JustAnswer are limited to question and answer responses and cannot work "hands-on" directly with customer files or systems.

Edited by XXXXX XXXXX on 6/23/2010 at 3:26 PM EST