Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

Im actually doing some homework and I am completely stuck

Customer Question

Im actually doing some homework and I am completely stuck right now on a few essays
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: nothing has been going on and its just this assignment
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A bot.....Awesome
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
Category: Writing Homework
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1. Explain how to mitigate a Ping of Death attack.
2.Type the global configuration mode and line configuration mode commands that are required to secure the VTY lines 0 through 15 to use the local username admin with the encrypted password ***** for remote Telnet or SSH log-ins to the Cisco router.
3. What are at least two best practices that should be implemented for unused ports on a Layer 2 switch for switch security?
4.Discuss the two parameters that can be tracked by a CBAC firewall for TCP traffic that cannot be tracked for UDP traffic.
5. Type two global configuration mode commands that enable AAA authentication and configure a default log-in method list. Use a TACACS+ server first, then a local username and password, and finally the enable password.
6. Discuss the data encryption algorithms DES and 3DES. Discuss the key lengths, and rank the algorithms in order of best security.
7. Explain the differences between an intrusion detection system (IDS) and an intrusion prevention system (IPS). Include the terms promiscuous mode
and in-line mode
in your explanation
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is Greg. I am checking my resources.

What text is being used for these questions? (ISBN if you have it).

What is the deadline for a resource?