asciandwildlife
asciandwildlife, Master's Degree
Experience:  Published Researcher, Current PhD in Environmental Science Candidate
9201161

Please post, on the discussion board, your results from the

Customer Question

Please post, on the discussion board, your results from the Discover More: Using Expanded Academic ASAP worksheet that you completed in Lesson 2.Your Task: Practice using the Expanded Academic ASAP database. Conduct a search on a topic of your choice, and practice sorting and narrowing your search using the various database features that were discussed in the lesson.TIP for best results: Identify two to three key issues that professionals in your course of study may face. For example, Business majors studying human resources management may choose the minimum wage, or ECE majors might choose children's nutrition. Once you decide on a topic to research, use the database to search for information.Please access the library from your My Courses page. Once you have done that you will see the Library Home Page. You can use the scroll menu bar on the left to navigate. You can choose to use the database Expanded Academic ASAP. You DO NOT need a login or a password. You are ALREADY in it by being in the library. You MAY see a sign on page UP TOP and it does send you to Gale Cengage Learning and says please enter your id, barcode or other id and has a login button...but you need NOT do that as you are already on the search page.Please answer these questions in your post:
1. What method (e.g., searching via basic search, subject or publication) worked best for you while trying your search in Expanded Academic ASAP?
2. How did the search results compare to a traditional search engine search? Were they more specific? Less specific?
3. In you future studies at Penn Foster, how might you be able to use the Expanded Academic ASAP to assit you in your course work?
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  asciandwildlife replied 7 months ago.

Hello! I would be glad to assist. When is this assignment due? How long does your response need to be? Also, what is your course of study so that I may choose an appropriate search subject? Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had paste it and send

Sorry, but I do not understand your last response.

1) When is this assignment due?

2) How long does the answer need to be?

3) What professional field does this question need to relate to?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For example, Business majors studying human resources management may choose the minimum wage, or ECE majors might choose children's nutrition. Once you decide on a topic to research, use the database to search for information.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is due in a week

How long does the answer need to be?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They gave me to do up to 5000 words or less

5000 words seems extremely long for this assignment. This could probably be answered in 300-500 words.

I can answer it for you in 300-500 words by Saturday evening, midnight EST. Would this work for you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  asciandwildlife replied 6 months ago.

Hello! Here is your answer. Please rate my answer and a bonus is always appreciated. :)

1. The search method that worked best for me was searching via subject. I entered the subject term, “ minimum wage women”, and many relevant articles were returned in my search. I also really liked how the search include the journal title information and keywords as it helped give me an idea on which journals to really hone in on when looking for more information. I also found that the different options for sorting my results was helpful as it helped me rank my search results and decide which links I most wanted to explore. There were so many relevant links, which left me really impressed with Expanded Academic ASAP; it was better than google!

2. The search results of the Expanded Academic ASAP search engine were much more detail oriented and focused on what I was looking for versus a traditional search engine. In addition to Expanded Academic ASAP providing more specific search results, I also found that all of the sources provided were credible, whereas sometimes with a traditional search engine the results are not credible, or are questionable. I really likes the fact that I felt like I could trust Expanded Academic ASAP to guide me to quality information that my professor would approve of and that I could understand.

3. In my future studies at Penn Foster, I plan to use the Expanded Academic ASAP to assist me in my course work. If there is a specific term, person, or historical even I want to know more about, I would use this search engine to help me find the information I am looking for. I might also use this search engine to explore potential research paper topics and to see what available articles have been posted that are relevant to that research topic. It’s also so simple to use that I could show my friends and family how to use it, too.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you I will get back to you soon.

Great!