verbsrule
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  8 yrs teaching experience in English and history. Writing consultant.
44340502

Im a ESL student and the professor assigned 5 paragraph

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, Good evening. Im a ESL student and the professor assigned 5 paragraph argumentative essay and wants us to also do an outline which Im havig a hard time following the format. My essay title is :
Euthanasia: A dignified death
JA: The Writing Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else the Writing Tutor should be aware of?
Customer: What shoul be my thesis in this introductory paragraph:
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Writing Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  verbsrule replied 6 months ago.

Your thesis depends on your point of view for this topic. Do you believe that euthanasia is good or bad? At this point, you need to take a side. Your thesis will have three parts: the topic (euthanasia), your opinion, and three reasons to support it. The three reasons in your thesis will be the outline for the three body paragraphs. For instance, if you say that euthanasia should be allowed, and your reasons are 1) it allows people to choose when they die 2) it gives people a dignified death, instead of suffering, and 3) it reduces health care costs for families, then your body paragraphs in the outline will be about those. Then, your final section of your outline is for the conclusion. There, you will restate your thesis and add any additional information that supports your thesis. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions. Gwyn