JaySHarrison
JaySHarrison, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  I love to write. I am published, and have taught for over 7 years.
17093684

My name is ***** *****. I need a full description about the

Customer Question

Customer: hi, my name is ***** *****. I need a full description about the scenes from the life of saint john the baptist (1490/95)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need a description about this painting within 150 words.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Short Essay (2 pages or less) Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long? I need this by tomorrow noon.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Judy Bailey replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using justanswer. I'll be happy to help you today. I understand you need a description of the painting (about 150 words). I will also include in text citation and a reference where the information is obtained.

If you have any other instructions, please let me know right away. I would like to send this tonight if you are in agreement.

Judy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello, the only other information that I have is that the painting is from Bartolommeo do Giovanni

I'm sorry, I can find absolutely nothing on the one by di Giovanni. I only have information on the one (with the same name) by Francesco Granacci

Sorry I cannot be of assistance.

I will put this back on the open question board for another expert to help.

Judy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No worries, thank you!
Expert:  JaySHarrison replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for choosing JustAnswer.

I have found a little information on both the paintings and the artist. When do you need this answer by?

What makes this research challenging is some museums have the artist as being Francesco Granacci, and others as Bartolommeo do Giovanni. The key I am going by is the 1490/95. Granacci's version is 1506/07.

This has been a very challenging assignment. There have been multiple artists that have done their own interpretations of Scenes from the Life of St John. Another challenge is that there are multiple ways to spell Bartolomeo di Giovann, some with do instead of di, and some putting spelling his first name as Bartolommeo.

Scenes from the Life of St John the Baptist by Bartolomeo di Giovanni, painted in 1490-95, is an example of a religious painting which demonstrates the technique of tempera on poplar panel, 74 x 150 cm. Religious paintings were categorized as historical paintings and therefore the most prestigious genre by the French Académie de peinture et de sculpture. Religious paintings depict incredibly detailed biblical scenes and generally large in size.

Within this one painting there are multiple scenes regarding the life of St. John the Baptist. It takes nearly a Bible scholar to interpret the many scenes, along with a little imagination. The particular panel that was looked upon possibly focuses on the birth and what occurred pre-birth. His father was a priest, and it is proposed that man man wearing the green robe with pink shirt is his father Zechariah, an elderly man. There is even a scene of Zechariah and his expecting wife, Elizabeth, talking to Biblical characters Mary and Joseph, in the lower right. To the lower left is possibly to presentation of John to a priest to be circumcised on the eighth day after birth. The furthest scene to the right shows John by the Jordan River beginning his ministry. One note about the characters in this collection of scenes, the artist Bartolomeo di Giovanni does put ‘halos’ on what he determines as members of the holy family, whereas, others do not have halos.

The two paragraphs have much more than the 150 words. This gives you the opportunity to make the 150 words feel like your words. You can remove and modify whatever facts and observances you do not desire.

Please ACCEPT this answer and then give my rating. I appreciate you choosing JustAnswer, and I thank you for letting me be your Expert. If you like the research that I have done, please put Requesting JaySHarrison on future assignments.

Thank you.

This is a link to what this artwork looks like. http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/artwork/25740 I also tutor in Theology, and am an ordained minister, being familiar with New Testament Luke, which details much of John the Baptist's accounts. Dependning on the type of course and school this is, you may want to put Biblical sharacters describing the different personages. If it it is for a faith-based school, you may desire to use the character's names or add 'St.' before each's name.