Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

This question is pennfoster help with 050180 thx

Customer Question

this question is for LoriH pennfoster help with 050180 thx
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Bonita, happy to help. Date needed by?

Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Bonita--just wanted to check on this. The question is new but is reading "closed" status. Did you still need it completed? Just wanted to verify and have a date of completion before I got started on it. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i do need it completed customized and the other exam i need to re do it i got a 63% on 050178???? and due date for this new is 11-17-15

Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Okay...I would have to see the instructor comments on it; my work on this particular essay is usually well-received. Can you upload the feedback?

The due date you've listed for this one is already 3 days past due--is that an error?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

helllo ok let me try to upload it but i didnt see any comments i got a grade of 63%on 050178

and this other one let me check yes its past due

on the 17th the 050180

Attachment: 2015-11-22_021828_22079153_050178_ybarra_jc_2.pdf

Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for including the feedback.

Is this the pre-write or the final essay? The instructions for the pre-write state pretty explicitly that there are to be 2 paragraphs. The first paragraph is to be a narrative description of your attempt to ba***** *****fe--work, school, family--while the second paragraph is to be a process description of how you go about doing this through scheduling. These comments directly refute the directions for the pre-write (which is what I thought this was...you have to turn the pre-write in for review prior to the final essay.)

I don't mind revising into a final draft for you; I anticipated that being a component of the task at some point so that's no problem. I just really, really wish these PF writing instructors would come together in their concept of requirements and goals. It's like none of them have ever been in a classroom before, honestly. These assignments, their interpretation of them, and their assessment of them is ridiculous by any authentic educational standard.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 050178 is Essay: process analysis & the 050180 is essay: classification & division
Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is correct. The process analysis requires a pre-write as well as the classification & division. Your rubric comments say you lost points because the new essay didn't apply suggestions from the pre-write. I only did the one essay, in pre-write form, so I'm not sure what you turned in for the pre-write?? The instructor also gave this a fairly low score for voice, grammar, and word choice, which is confusing to me. No errors are indicated (in bubbles) on the actual essay and I be very interested to see what warranted such a low score. The work is well-done with regards ***** ***** areas. Would you mind sending a message and asking how it could be improved with regards ***** ***** grammar, and word choice, as you felt these areas were actually very strong to begin with? Thanks.

I should have this ready for you in a day or so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello Lorih youve done the one before the 050178 also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi also have you been able to do the 050180 ? and are you helping me correct 050178 ? please let me know im behind?

Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Hi, there--I needed the additional feedback from the instructor, if possible, as I am unclear how to proceed with revisions on voice, grammar, and word choice. There are few, if any, errors in that category that I see. I am an English teacher and MA in Education and Literacy, so I have some understanding of the topic. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thats his feed back that he sent ill try lookin for another one

Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I saw that...there was nothing in the instructor's comments on the assignment to indicate any problems with voice, graar, and word choice; yet that scored, if I remember correctly, about the lowest of all categories on the rubric. (I'd have to look back to confirm.) What I had requested, in order to do a successful re-do (because it will not be successful otherwise) was "Would you mind sending a message and asking how it could be improved with regards ***** ***** grammar, and word choice, as you felt these areas were actually very strong to begin with?" You will need to email your instructor and ask something along the lines of "I see I scored very low in this area, but there are no comments to help me improve and I felt I did well to begin with. Could you please offer me some specific guidance in this area? Thank you."

Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

...sorry, sticky keyboard. That would be "grammar"!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok cause thats all he send me thx

Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I understand that's all he sent :) ...will you be able to communicate with him to get the necessary information for me to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe not since its a online school & im not sure wat your looking for... Thats all the newsffed he left