lkhoward
lkhoward, Master's Degree
Experience:  MEd, BA in English, BBA, 6 years of teaching
58892150

PER 1: VETERINARY COMPUTER SOFTWARE More veterinary clinics

Customer Question

PER 1: VETERINARY COMPUTER SOFTWARE
More veterinary clinics and hospitals are now using computers for day-to-day operations, and computer software companies are continuously developing and upgrading programs for
use in veterinary medicine. Knowledge of computers and computer software is becoming necessary for all hospital staff: the receptionists, hospital and office managers, the veterinarians, vet technicians, assistants, and kennel workers. Computers and specialized veterinary management software can improve efficiency by keeping up with inventory, printing labels and certificates, accounting, storing patient files, and so on.
You’ll research three (3) different brands of veterinary man- agement software. Compare and contrast these brands and write a research paper that includes, but isn’t limited to, the following information:
1. Names of the three brands of software that you’ve chosen and a brief description of each of them
2. Information about the companies who make the software
3. Pros and cons of each software package—What does each program do or not do?
4. How are technical-support issues handled?
5. Discuss what kind of contingency plan each company has to handle system failure/recovery
6. Is installation of the server and other hardware provided?
7. Are updates to software automatic or do they need to be requested?
8. Include office functions, like reminders, accounting, billing, inventory control, and so on
9. Is the system able to import lab results directly from the laboratory into the medical record?
10. If describing a cloud-based software system, you’re still required to provide all of the information above as it relates to the cloud-based system.
2
Veterinary Office Management Research Project
PAPER 2: INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION
Veterinary technicians are inundated with questions every day. These questions come from clients and coworkers. Because of this, veterinary technicians need to be good listeners and good communicators.
In your own words, describe techniques for being a good listener. What would you do to clarify what a client or coworker is saying to you? Also, describe some ways that you can communicate so that a client or coworker will listen to and fully understand what you’re saying. Give examples that relate to dealing with clients/coworkers in a hospital setting: like discharging a surgical patient, euthanasia, and so on.
Be sure to include
• Body language
• Nonverbal communication/gestures (including some possible cultural differences that might arise)
• Paraphrasing
• Eye contact
• Discrimination and prejudices
• Patient records/Handouts and brochures
• Any other pertinent information you can think of
PROJECT SPECIFICATIONS
1. Utilize a word processing program, like Word, Word Perfect, or Open Office. The research papers must be typewritten.
2. Each title page should contain the following information:
a. Project title: Veterinary Office Management Research Project
b. Project number: 39601900
3
c. Your name
d. Your student number
e. The date your project was submitted
3. Each paper should be easy to read with appropriate font, double-spacing, correct spelling, grammar, and sentence and paragraph structure.
4. Each research paper should include at least three refer- ences. The information must be supported by trusted veterinary medical publications and websites. You can use your Penn Foster Veterinary Office Management study units for assistance, but they shouldn’t be your main source of data. Don’t use sites like Wikipedia.
5. If you don’t have prior experience writing research papers, the Penn Foster Library offers assistance in writing a research paper and citing references.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of model do you need
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this mean I payed and I am not going to get my question answered

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'd be happy to help you but I want to clarify a few things. It looks like there are two papers here, correct? It's always better to list them separately. It just makes it easier to decipher them.

Also, because of the work involved and page amount, I need to ask for a higher value to this question. If you are interested in me doing the work, you would need to add an additional $120.

If you agree to this, I will submit the change on my end. Then you just accept it or not.

If you don't agree, then I will opt out so you can find another expert to help you.

Thank you.