Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

Please write an IRAC answer to the following Criminal Law

Customer Question

Please write an IRAC answer to the following Criminal Law essay. Deanna, a single mother of ten-year old Vickie, worked as a cashier at the local grocery store. Deanna had recently broken off her relationship with Randy, a drug addict who had been violent
toward her on several occasions. One morning Randy was in the parking lot outside the grocery store and telephoned Deanna at work. Randy told Deanna that a friend of his was outside Vickie’s school. Randy said that if Deanna did not immediately bring $1,000
to Randy in the parking lot, he would call and direct his friend to harm Vickie. Over the next several minutes, Deanna put in her pants pocket $400 from her cash register at the grocery store. She then went to the manager’s office, where she had heard there
was a safe containing a large amount of cash. No one else was in the manager’s office. Alma, an assistant manager who works at the cash register next to Deanna’s, saw how upset Deanna was after the phone call. Alma followed Deanna to the manager’s office,
where she found Deanna looking through desk drawers. Deanna told Alma that she was looking for the keys to the safe because she “needed some papers” from it. Alma smiled, told Deanna where the keys were, and then said, “You don’t have to lie to me, Deanna.
I’ll be outside keeping watch for you.” Deanna replied, “Thank you so much, Alma, I am in a desperate situation right now and will return the money to the safe as soon as I can.” As Alma stood in the hallway outside the manager’s office, Deanna opened the
safe, removed $600, relocked the safe, and returned the key to its location. Deanna then brought $1,000 to Randy in the grocery store parking lot. What crimes, if any, can Deanna and Alma reasonably be charged with, and what defenses might each assert? Discuss.
Category: Writing Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is going on no answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told you Ineeded this in 24 hours
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.
I see this might be time sensitive.
Do you still need this answered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Thanks. I will update the moderator.