David L.
David L., Writer
Experience:  20+ years writing research, tech, white papers, and more
13852270

Privacy-Related Matrix Due the 7th. This assignment gives

Customer Question

Privacy-Related Matrix Due the 7th.
This assignment gives you an opportunity to analyze a key IT-related organizational ethical privacy issue subject to relevant laws, regulations, and policies. Both of the following sites provide sources and an excellent backdrop for issues relating to privacy protection and the law.
See EPIC Report – at: http://epic.org/reports/ See List on left: HOT POLICY ISSUES
and/or: https://www.eff.org/issues/privacy [see list at right on this page]
This includes sub-topics discussing information privacy, privacy laws, applications and court rulings (case law is usually an extension of the basic law based on the facts from specific cases and real-world court decisions), and key privacy and anonymity issues. While the sites provide many interesting topics, be sure to focus on our class IT topics.
1. Use the template below and the list of suggested workforce privacy topics from one of the sites above to produce a matrix to map a key organizational ethical issue and how this issue is affected by laws, regulations, and policies.
Use the list of normative ethics below to help you complete the matrix. Choose any three (only three) of the following list of twelve (12) principles of normative ethics described below.
2. Prepare the Ethical Dilemma matrix and include the following explanation—double-space your narrative—below the matrix:
a. Why I chose the dilemma;
b. Why I chose the three principles; and
c. An analysis of the research used to identify the actions in the matrix.
The completed matrix allows you to weigh the different issues involved and assign a rank as to the importance of the actions based on the effect on the stakeholders.
3. Submit the matrix for grading in your Assignments Folder.
4. Indicate appropriate APA reference citations for all sources. In addition to critical thinking and analysis skills, your assignment should reflect appropriate grammar and spelling, good organization, and proper business-writing style.
This assignment is directly related to Paper-B2 below. The issue identified in this assignment will be used in B 2 Assignment. Make sure you read the B2 assignment below so that you understand the relationship prior to starting B1.
Normative Ethics List
Autonomy: the duty to maximize the individual's right to make his or her own decisions.
Beneficence: the duty to do good both individually and for all.
Confidentiality: the duty to respect privacy of information and action.
Equality: the duty to view all people as moral equals.
Finality: the duty to take action that may override the demands of law, religion, and social customs.
Justice: the duty to treat all fairly, distributing the risks and benefits equally.
Non-maleficence: the duty to cause no harm, both individually and for all.
Understanding/Tolerance: the duty to understand and to accept other view points if reason dictates doing so is warranted.
Publicity: the duty to take actions based on ethical standards that must be known and recognized by all who are involved.
Respect for persons: the duty to honor others, their rights, and their responsibilities. Showing respect others implies that we do not treat them as a mere means to our end.
Universality: the duty to take actions that hold for everyone, regardless of time, place, or people involved. This concept is similar to the Categorical Imperative.
Veracity: the duty to tell the truth.
________________________________________
Ethical Dilemma Matrix:
Ethical dilemma:
Stakeholders
1
2
3
4
Step 1: Identify the ethical dilemma based on one of the broad categories identified. An example (following here) might be to falsify your personal profile in a social networking site.
Step 2: Identify the stakeholders involved. You, someone who reads your personal profile in a social network site, potential employers, etc. Be sure that each stakeholder category is unique and not similar to another category you use.
Step 3: Choose any three of the principles that might apply such as autonomy, publicity, and veracity.
Step 4: identify how the dilemma affect each stakeholder based on the principles you identified. Put this statement in the matrix next to the stakeholder.
See example, next page-
For example:
Ethical dilemma: falsifying your profile on a social networking site
Stakeholders Autonomy Publicity Veracity
1: You You have the duty to maximize the right to make your own decisions.
You have the duty to take actions based on ethical standards that must be known and recognized by all who are involved.
You have the duty to tell the truth
2:Other users of the networking site They have the duty to make their own decisions They make these decisions based on ethical standards that should be recognized by the person falsifying their profile They assume that the person falsifying the profile has the duty to tell the truth.
3: The social networking site The autonomy of the site is limited by law (Goldman, 2007) Users of social networking sites are content publishers, as such the site must take actions based on legal and ethical standards and must notify users of these standards so they are known by all. As providers of content the site must conform to the laws regarding truth or be held responsible for legal issues as defamation (making harmful false statements about someone else) or copyright infringement. (Goldman, 2007)
4
Goldman, E. (May, 2007). Social Networking Sites and the Law. Retrieved from http://www.ericgoldman.org/Resources/socialnetworkingsitesandthelaw.pdf
Paper B2- Due the 14th
Organizational Policy to address an IT-related ethical issue that you wrote about in your matrix for the B1 assignment (Individual) (12%)
Write an organizational policy to address the IT-related ethical workforce privacy issue that you described in Matrix B1, where you mapped key organizational issues and identified how these ethical issues were affected by laws, regulations, and policies. Please incorporate the instructor’s feedback from the review and grade and then use the Matrix B1 you produced as a supporting document.
The following elements must be addressed:
1. Look at other policies to see how they are written. The following site provides examples of templates for policies but an Internet search provides other templates: http://www.sans.org/security-resources/policies/computer.php
2. Your policy should include the following major headings:
a) Overview of policy
b) Purpose
c) Scope (roles and responsibilities of stakeholders)
d) Policy/Procedures to follow
e) Sanctions/Enforcement
3. Prepare a 3-5 page, double-spaced paper with your Organizational Policy.
4. This assignment requires a minimum of three external references. Indicate appropriate APA reference citations for all sources you use.
5. In addition to critical thinking and analysis skills, your paper should reflect appropriate grammar and spelling, good organization, and proper business-writing style.
6. Submit the assignment to the Assignment Folder as a MS Word File
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

With regard to the matrix, is there a length requirement for the narrative that accompanies the matrix?

Thanks,

David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't see a length requirement. I can't imagine it being more than a page. Lets just say one page.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, sounds good.

Thanks,

David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Anything?

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Still working on them. Should not be much longer.

Thanks,

David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok cool just wanted to let ya know that they are both due in less than 45 mins.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need what you have on both right now bro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

??? It's late..

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so please click the link below to download the matrix:

click here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Brother please understand that there's a good chance that I won't get any credit for this.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, I just checked and noticed the references did not save to the document. Here it is again:

click here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

luckily I was able to salvage 75% of the grade

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the issues with the report and thanks for letting me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool, are we still all set for this week?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

61% on the matrix. Half a page work.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, still set for this week. My apologies again for the matrix.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot rate until I see the second part of this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

everything on schedule for sunday?

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for checking in. Yes, all is going well. I am aiming to complete and post it by tomorrow.

Thanks,

David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, cool. This is for both assignments right? This one and the one with 30% tip.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok I have something else that is due next week but the outline is due this sunday. Can you swing it? I would only need an outline by sunday>

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Since it is just an outline I should be able to complete it by Sunday however, please post the details so I can confirm.

Thanks,

David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Writing assignment #3 will be an essay in which you incorporate at least six sources to support an argument.

Causes or Effects involving Modern Cultural Controversies

In selecting this option, you would analyze reliable, scholarly information available concerning a current cultural controversy to determine if claims of cause and effect are indeed valid claims.

Some examples might be the following. These are just examples. Many approaches are possible for this topic.

• The impact of childhood vaccinations on the development of autism

• The impact of the Common Core standards on public schools.

• The impact of the practices of investment banks such as Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley Chase on the economic crash of 2008

• The impact of human activity on global climate change

• The impact of charter schools on public education

• The causes of the charter school movement

• The impact of file sharing on the music industry

The impact of gerrymandering on state elections

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you decide yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

I am thinking Global Climate Change sounds good. Is there a length requirement?

Thanks,

David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1500-1700 words.

Prewriting (Outline) due today.

If you can do this I will post the new question.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
When is the report due?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Outline is today and the first draft is due the 21st.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
My apologies however, after taking a close look at my schedule, I am not absolutely positive I will have time to complete the new project above by next week.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Next week is just a rough draft if that makes any difference.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am still looking over my schedule for next week just to make sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok I know you have your hands full. I will pay very well brother. Can you have the ones due today soon?

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
I would not be able to complete the outline until later this evening. Would that be ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes but before 11?

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
I might be able to complete it before 11 PDT but it will be close.

Is there a specific format required for the outline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its would be 12 eastern time is that good? It is just prewriting so just a very short outline.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Actually, how about the Impact of File Sharing on the Music Industry instead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You pick brotha. Whatever you feel is easier

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey should I ask the new question about the outline?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a 5 minutes bro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great, another zero...... Why cant you respond man?

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello - My apologies - that is why I was hesitant to commit to completing the outline and essay due to other commitments and was unable to respond until this morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes thats why you say yes you can or no cant so I can find someone else. You continued to lead me to believe that you could by recommending topics and avoiding me when asking if I should ask the question formally. I could have found someone to do it at 8pm which would give them 4 hours. You kept a lazy dialogue and lead me to believe you could even though I was asking for hours with no response.

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - I was working on making time to complete it and completely understand your point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes but do you understand that when you just don't respond or don't give someone a clear answer, you are screwing them? Working on giving them an answer isn't the same, man, and you know that I gave you the time frame so you know that I'm waiting on it. You knew I thought you were working on when you suggested the topic. I asked you repeatedly if you wanted me to ask you formally, and although you knew I was standing right at the computer waiting on a response, you said nothing. You saying sorry doesn't change anything.If you don't have the time, say so, so I can ask someone else. You have screwed me 3 times now and I will not ask you another question. Apparently even though I tip well, you cannot respect me enough as a good customer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you booked up?

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, at this point I am booked through next week.

Thanks for asking.

David.