khadijahtriggs
khadijahtriggs, Master's Degree
Experience:  Speech Therapist for 30 years in the New York City School System.
49871350

Create an observational checklist of characteristics of the

Create an observational checklist of characteristics of the development of higher order thinking and symbol usage for a specific age band (infant, toddler, preschooler, kindergartner, primary grade student). In addition to the assigned readings for this module, utilize the GCU eLibrary for a minimum of three peer-reviewed articles in support of your content.

I need a little more information on this one when you say symbols what do you mean. Do you want this project to be on special needs children or normal developing children. Also do you want a progression from infant, toddler, preschooler, kindergarten, primary and finally grade student.
Do you want a matrix or chart.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to have a chart on a kindergartener. Symbols
signify objects-of-knowledge. Symbols help children to remember and to identify things in their surroundings

Symbols can also be communication symbols that is why asked for clarity. I am still not clear on what you need in terms of the kindergarten child do want academic or developmental progressions.
sorry for the typo I meant that is why I asked for clarity.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want development progression

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is my rubric!
High Order Thinking Checklist

1 Unsatisfactory 0.00%

2 Less Than Satisfactory 65.00%

3 Satisfactory 75.00%

4 Good 85.00%

5 Excellent 100.00%

85.0 %Content

60.0 % Observational checklist of characteristics of the development of higher-order thinking and symbol usage for a specific age band (e.g., infant, toddler, preschooler, kindergartner, primary grade student)

Characteristics of higher-order thinking and symbol usage are not clearly identified and related to correct age or developmental level.

Characteristics of higher-order thinking and symbol usage are vague or partially indentified. A limited understanding of the age or developmental level is evidenced.

Characteristics of higher-order thinking and symbol usage are easily identified. Identification of the age or developmental level shows a basic understanding of the assignment.

Characteristics of higher-order thinking and symbol usage are easily identified. Identification of the age or developmental level shows a clear understanding of the assignment.

Characteristics of higher-order thinking and symbol usage are easily and clearly identified. Identification of age and developmental level shows a clear and comprehensive understanding of the assignment.

25.0 % Three to five peer-reviewed articles in support of the content

No articles are identified that support the content.

Articles are identified, but do not support the assignment.

Articles are out of date or minimally support the assignment.

Articles are comprehensive and accurate, and research is adequate, timely, relevant, and addresses all of the issues stated in the assignment criteria.

Content is comprehensive, accurate, and persuasive. Definitions are clearly stated. Research is adequate, timely, relevant, and addresses all of the issues stated in the assignment criteria.

10.0 %Organization and Effectiveness

10.0 % Aesthetic Quality

Design is cluttered. Materials detract from the content and/or the purpose of presentation is low quality.

Design detracts from purpose. Text and visuals are too simplistic, cluttered, and busy. Little or no creativity or inventiveness is present.

Design is fairly clean, with a few exceptions. Materials add to, not detract from the presentation. Materials used were quality products and easy to see or hear.

Design is appropriate and integrates a variety of visuals, and text to amplify the message.

Design is clean. Skillful handling of text and visuals creates a distinctive and effective presentation. Overall, effective and functional text, or visuals are evident.

5.0 %Format

5.0 % Research Citations (in-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and references page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment and style)

No references page and no citations are included.

References page is present, but citations are inconsistently used.

References page is included. Sources are appropriately documented, although some errors may be present.

References page is present and fully inclusive of all cited sources. Documentation is appropriate and citation style is usually correct.

In-text citations and a references page are complete. The documentation of cited sources is free of errors.

100 % Total Weightage

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think its academics

okay.
When is this due
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is due tomorrow.

Mental representations are the result of a child using sense-memory to visualize something they cannot see based on sensory cues. Imagination, creativity and problem solving play a large role in this. The ability to recall images of things being described show efficacy in development and is essential in learning things related to symbols and imagery. For example, when a child hears “the letter ‘F’,” they should visualize the symbol “F.’” Moreover, when hearing the sound and “F” makes, the same symbol should be mentally represented. In a more advanced example; early literacy involves the relationship between three things: the symbolic representation of letters together making the word, the symbolic representation of the object and the meaning of the word (function.) Take a chair. When talking about a chair to an early reader, the mental representation should be a four legged piece of furniture you sit on, because that is the function of a chair. When a child sees the symbols “c-h-a-i-r” the same mental representation should occur, because both describe the same object while being presented two different ways. Oppositely, when a child sees a chair (be it a picture or an actual chair) the mental representation should be the letters “c-h-a-i-r,” because once the word is learned, it instinctively correlates to the image. (The Center for Cognitive Sciences, 2001)

Okay I am clear on what you need it will be done.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you! I will be checking today

I am in New York City what time do you need this. I also asked you if you needed a matrix or chart set up because I am starting this project. When you say check list do you want me to actually check off the symbols that are used for higher order thinking. It is now 10:38 am in New York City.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need a chart I want you to insert the symbols used for higher order thinking if possible. I need this by 5:00 p.m.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am in Atlanta Ga.

http://www.4shared.com/download/kOcLuQdP/Higher_Order_Thinking_Chart.docx Here is your link if I helped you give me 3 points less than that and I won't get credit. Always use my work as a guide and model with your own for purposes of academic honesty.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you this is a wonderful job! I will be calling on you for future assignments

You forgot to give me a rating that is how I get credit.

In the future ask for Khadijah if you need help and please rate me with 3 points so that I can get credit.