Gnaritas
Gnaritas, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  I am skilled at writing papers from reports to research, also short essays.
32242116

**NEEDED FOR OCTOBER 16,2013**** To better understand the

**NEEDED FOR OCTOBER 16,2013****
To better understand the concept of non-experimental designs, be sure to read all the assigned readings for this module before beginning the assignment:
1) For this assignment, you will watch three television shows from the genres listed below and analyze them for verbal and physical violence portrayed in the show.
2) You will watch shows from the following genres:
a) Situation comedy
b) Cartoon
c) Drama
3) First, use the following definition of violence for this exercise:
a) “The overt expression of physical force (with or without weapon) against self or other, compelling action against one’s will on pain of being hurt or killed, or actually hurting or killing. Must be plausible and credible; no idle threats, verbal abuse, or comic gestures with no credible violent consequences. May be intentional or accidental; violent accidents, catastrophes, acts of nature are included” (Williams, Zabrack, & Joy, 1982, p. 366.)

Tally Sheet
1) On the Tally Sheet template below, tally the number of times you see the mode of aggression on the selected program.
a) Rate the overall violence using a 5-point scale from 1 (not at all violent) to 5 (extremely violent).
2) Collapse your data within each program category.
3) Determine the mean rate of acts per program hour for each modes of aggression.
4) Determine the overall mean violence rating for each category.
5) Your instructor will assist you as to how to analyze the final data

6) Write up a brief study (250-500 words) about what you discovered in this content analysis. Copy and paste the Tally Sheet below and include it in your study.
7) While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
8) Submit the assignment as one deliverable to the instructor by the end of Module 3

BELOW IS THE CHART THAT NEEDS TO BE USED.
PROGRAM #1 PROGRAM#2 PROGRAM#3
PROGRAM NAME
TIME/DATE
LENGTH IN MINUTES
NUMBER OF ACTS INVOLVING:
1. VIOLENCE TO THE BODY
2. USE OF WEAPON
3. PHYSICAL THREAT
4. VERBAL THREAT
5. SYMBOLIC/JOKING
TOTAL NUMBER OF AGGRESSIVE ACTS
OVERALL VIOLENCE RATE: 1(NONE) TO 5 (EXTREMELY VIOLENT)

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I still need someone to help me with this.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

What time on Oct 16th is the assignment due?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

midnight EST

Okay, I'm on it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh thank you.

You are welcome.

Gnaritas, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: I am skilled at writing papers from reports to research, also short essays.