Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management

Memory Management and Virtual Memory

Customer Question

Discuss the following topics:

• The concept of virtual memory is based on the fact that some parts of a software application are never accessed.

o Identify and explain the parts of software applications that are never accessed. State your opinion on why these parts are never accessed.

• The size of the virtual memory should not be more than three times the size of the physical memory of the computer.

o Do you agree with this statement? Provide reasons for your answer.

• Distributed OSs use memory more efficiently than traditional OSs.

o Do you agree with this statement? Present examples in support of your answer.

• Compare the memory management capabilities of the Windows Server and Linux OSs.

o In addition, identify the OS with better memory management capabilities than the rest.

Please cite sources and in APA format

Due: 10/11/13

Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still need an answer
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professionals' assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 3 years ago.

Hello, my name isXXXXX for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long delay. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just to difficult or not informative enough or priced to low.

Has the deadline passed for this project or do you still have time left to complete - if so, what is the deadline?

If you would like one of the professionals to try and help, is there anything else you can add to your original post giving me more details. You can upload any files using the paper clip icon in the tool bar here at JustAnswer or by using a file sharing site like or and sharing the link here. We may not be able to answer all of the components of your question but possibly some of them.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful week.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Listen did you read my post in it's entirety? Because if you had you would clearly see my deadline date at the bottom, it has not passed. And as for anything else I posted what I needed. If you can't help me then please don't.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. Your question is open to all professionals and marked high priority. You'll receive an email notification if a professional replies. We appreciate your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Josie can you block this person Mr. XXXXX XXXXX from me...please. Not at all satisfied with his performance or anything else. I asking you nicely.

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 3 years ago.

Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.