Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

I have a paper due by Tuesday.

Customer Question

helo
I have a paper due by Tuesday. The topic is epidemiologic critique of an article
Handheld cellular telephone use and risk of brain cancer." by : Muscat el al.PDF.
I can send you the article in question in pdf! or you can google the article!
Find attached the Instructions:
PHC 6011: Epidemiology Methods II
Assignment #1: Critique of an Epidemiologic Report
Purpose
The purpose of this assignment is to provide students with experience in critical evaluation of empiric epidemiologic studies and writing a critical review of a manuscript for a referred journal.

Learning Objectives
At the completion of this assignment, students should be able to:
1. Identify, describe and discuss appropriate study design for stated research questions and hypotheses
2. Identify, describe and discuss issues related to validity and reliability in an empiric epidemiologic study
3. Identify, describe and discuss issues of confounding and effect modification in an empiric epidemiologic study
4. Identify, describe and discuss appropriate statistical methods for the stated research question/hypothesis in an empiric epidemiologic study
5. Identify, describe and discuss presentation and interpretation of results in an empiric epidemiologic study
6. Identify, describe and discuss external validity issues in an empiric epidemiologic study
7. Critically evaluate an empiric epidemiologic study and present their critique from the perspective of a reviewer for peer-reviewed journal.
General Instructions
Read the article assigned for the assignment (posted on Blackboard). Assume this paper is an unpublished manuscript which has been submitted to “The Journal of Really Great Epidemiology” for peer review and consideration for publication. You have been asked by the journal Editor-in-Chief to write a peer review of the manuscript. Write a 4 page (1.5 spaced) review which provides:
(a) A critique of the article directed to the authors with specific suggestions for changes/improvements if needed, and
(b) Confidential comments for the editor with your recommendations for publication (these will not be seen by the authors).
Your review should include an assessment of the significance of the problem; strength of the study design and methods; Study limitations; and commentary on the results. You should also comment on the clarity of the writing and presentation of text, tables, and figures. Please refer to the checklist for reviewing epidemiological literature as well as the class readings when completing this assignment.
You may not discuss the assigned article with other students in the class. You may not give or receive any help in writing the assigned paper. You may not show any part of your written work to other students in the class before handing it in. You may not discuss the paper with anyone outside the class, including other COPH students, faculty, or staff. You may consult the TA for this course and written materials from your previous epidemiology and biostatistics courses (i.e., textbook, lecture notes, homework).
Your assignment must reflect your own thoughts and efforts.
Format
Your paper should have 1 inch margins, written in 12-point Times New Roman font and have a coversheet which includes: the title, your name, date, and course title. All pages should be numbered in the bottom right corner of the page. If any paper exceeds the required page limits, only the first four pages will be reviewed; subsequent pages will not be assessed for a grade.
Students are expected to proofread the paper before its submission because grammatical and spelling errors will influence grading. Papers that are difficult to read (visually or grammatically) tend to vex readers and may result in points deducted from your grade.

THANK YOU
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  DXJ Writer replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have reviewed your request. I might be able to help. Could you please upload the article and your notes? That would help a lot!
I'll also leave this open to other experts in case one might help you more expediently. Wink DXJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You for your prompt response.

Please I need someone with strong background in Epidemiology. The deadline for the paper is Tuesday 9th of October.

Please find enclosed the article For the assignment.

Attachment: 2013-10-06_041340_joc00222-1__epi_m2_2013.pdf

Please let me know if you got the article. I also hope you will do justice to the assignment.

Thank you.

Snow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please find the enclosed towards the paper.

General Instructions

Expert:  DXJ Writer replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

Thanks so much for sending the article. It helps me help you best. Did you have any notes you'd like me to include? DXJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You.

I don't have any notes. I just need the assignment on the article done professionally and on record time.

The paper is due by Monday evening Eastern time 10pm.

So please I beseech you to treat as pressing. I choose high priority in my request .

Looking forward to a good outcome

Expert:  DXJ Writer replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

Thanks so much for your reply and guidance. I am working through the draft tonight.
Articles like this take me considerable time to review, analyze and write. DXJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You so much. I am very appreciative of your efforts. You are so kind.

I am looking forward to a good outcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please this assignment should be structured into 2 main sections:

( 1)Comments to the Editor

(2)Comments to the Authors.

Within the Comments to the Authors section you should have the following headings : Abstract, Introduction,
Methods, Results, etc. Within those sections you should discuss the
main issues you have identified., stating whether the issues found are fatal flaws or almost fatal, major concerns, minor concerns and also copyright issues.

Thank you

Expert:  DXJ Writer replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Could you explain what is required under the Comments to the Editor section? I'd really appreciate that! I'm not familiar with that format and therefore uncomfortable with your request. Many apologies!!!!!

Therefore, I've also asked a few experts to look at this. Hopefully one can assist you best! SmileDXJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The comments to the editor is included in what I sent you earlier.

It will comprise of the following

") Confidential comments for the editor with your recommendations for publication (these will not be seen by the authors).
Your review should include an assessment of the significance of the problem; strength of the study design and methods; Study limitations; and commentary on the results. You should also comment on the clarity of the writing and presentation of text, tables, and figures.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I was hoping on your promises of doing the draft. If I understand correctly, are you backing out ?

I included all the necessary information from the first material.

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find another professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You Angela

For your prompt and thoughtful response. I understand the difficulties in getting someone in my profession. The assignment is due soon. Let me wait for next 24hrs and see if anything good comes out, or else cancel the question and process my refund.

Thank you

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately the question I submitted for help could not receive any help within the time frame for the deadline.

Please can you discontinue the search for help and initiate refund of my deposit .

Thanks.

I anticipate your response.