Network Design Paper
UMUC has recently acquired a building in Frederick, Maryland. This new building will house some administrative offices, lecture rooms, library, and computer labs.
Length: 240 Feet
Width: 95 Feet
Height: 30 Feet
The 40-year-old two-story building has the following existing layout:
Frederick Campus First Floor Layout
Frederick Campus Second Floor Layout
Student Computer Lab
There will be six computer labs that will be used for instruction. Each of these labs will have 21 computers (20 student computers and 1 instructor computer). Each of these labs will also have a server in the closet located inside the lab.
In addition to the six computer labs, there will also be a Student Computer Lab that will provide computer access to students to do their homework. There will be 30 computers in this lab and a server in the closet.
The library will also have some computers to allow students access to the library resources. There will be 10 computers for student’s use in the library, and 5 computers for Library staff.
There are four lecture classrooms in the building. Each of this room will have a computer for instructor’s use.
Finally, there are various offices in the building. Each of these offices will have one computer for the staff use, with the exception of the Admission office that will have 5 computers for staff use.
Equipment Inventory Workstation
(based on 20 WS for students and 1 WS for instructor on each lab * 6 labs)
Student Computer Lab
6 Various Offices
1 Admission office
4 Instructional Classrooms
4 WS Total
To be determined by students
To be determined by student
its all still the same......routher - 1 or 2 switches - with fiber optics, going to other switches in other buildings, perhaps with wifi.....then cat5 to PC's, or wireless -
this is homework
it is kind of hard to read with the copy and paste format. can I email it to you?
the paper also mentions:
Two server rooms have been allocated, one on the first floor and one on the second floor.
Your task is to design the network for this new building with the following criteria:
Submission should include (in no more than three pages, excluding diagrams and references): Network Addressing:
1. Define the subnet (based on: rooms, floor, department, or other criteria).
2. For each subnet, explain which devices/groups/users/rooms will be on this subnet, define the network address, subnet mask, and available IP addresses to be used by computers or devices.
Physical Network Design:
1. Define the topology that will be used.
2. Select the appropriate network media to use.
3. Select the appropriate network connecting devices to use.
4. Physical layout of the computers on the floor plan.
5. List of additional servers or network devices needed to implement the network.
6. Justifications for your network design (number 1 – 5 above)
We dont write home work for ppl - you need to do your own work.
Ok I wont be charged correct?
Willi be charged?
This doesn't really help me. I'm just going to do it in my own.