Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management

Recall that in Week 3, you completed an assignment for which

Customer Question

Recall that in Week 3, you completed an assignment for which you were asked to generate a set of data categories for an immunization registry database. You thought about the kinds of data that were needed, and how to organize them. This week, with that same immunization registry database in mind, you will start to generate a list of project requirements with the goal of writing a requirements definition. Before you begin work on this assignment, be sure that you have read Chapter 7 of the course textbook, and have viewed the video program for this week. Both of these resources will help you think about the kind of requirements that are necessary for an immunization registry database.
Additionally, after you have outlined a draft of your requirements, you should try to enlist help from an IT professional. The easiest route may be to seek help at your current place of employment. Is there a fellow employee who might have database development experience? Does he or she have experience in creating a formal set of project requirements? What can he or she tell you about business requirements versus user requirements?
Keep the following in mind:
Decide whether or not this will be a local or a national database. Requirements may be different in each case.

Recall your communication plan from the Week 3 Application Assignment. From whom would you request help in determining what requirements are necessary, if you were actually going to manage the development of this database? From whom can you request help now?

Reading
Course Text: Public Health Informatics and Information Systems by Patrick W. O'Carroll, William A.Yasnoff, M. XXXXX XXXXX, XXXXX H. Ripp, and Ernest L. Martin (Eds.)

Chapter 7, "Assessing the Value of Information Systems," pp. 114–138, 149–158
Chapter 8, "Managing IT Personnel and Projects" pp. 166–178

Chapter 7 begins by reviewing how private industry has effectively used informatics systems and the business processes involved. The chapter then relates this information to the field of public health and provides strategies for information systems projects.

This section of Chapter 8 focuses on managing IT projects. How to manage stakeholder expectations is discussed, along with strategies for improving your chances for success with an IT project.
Supplemental Reading
Article: Reich, B. (2007). Managing knowledge and learning in IT projects: A conceptual framework and guidelines for practice. Project Management Journal, 38(2), 5–17. Retrieved from the Walden Library Business Source Complete database. (AN 25532326)
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, sure I can wait a bit longer. Thank you for your response
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name isXXXXX for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long delay. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just to difficult or not informative enough or priced to low.

Has the deadline passed for this project or do you still have time left to complete - if so, what is the deadline?

If you would like one of the professionals to try and help, is there anything else you can add to your original post giving me more details. You can upload any files using the paper clip icon in the tool bar here at JustAnswer or by using a file sharing site like mediafire.com or box.com and sharing the link here. We may not be able to answer all of the components of your question but possibly some of them.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful week.

:-)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The deadline for this assignment is due mon. This is for my health informatics class. I may have one more document that may be relevant that I will upload when I get to my computer later.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Greg, do you think this assignment will be complete before mon??

Thank you.
Thanks for updating,

Unfortunately, after thoroughly reviewing my resources, I do not have the needed resources for this prompt.

I will opt out and move to the top of the list and message a couple of others who might have the time to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

:-)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you. Sooner is definitely better.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I still need assistance seeing as how the assignment is due mon. I would appreciate if u could find someone who can assist in this health informatics assignment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Your question is open to all professionals and marked high priority. You'll receive an email notification if a professional replies.

We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.

We appreciate your patience.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Thank you..
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your response. Atvthisbpoint I would appreciate if you close my question.