lani_s
lani_s, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  I had been helping students in writing essays and PowerPoint presentations.
7581006

Case Studies PresentationBy Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Case Studies Presentation

By Wednesday, October 2, 2013 create a PowerPoint presentation to educate a group of medical students participating in their grand rounds. There should be at least ten slides in your PowerPoint as well as a title slide and a slide listing all your sources for creating this slideshow. You should also create speaker notes for each slide of your presentation, which include the main talking points for the topic addressed in the slide. Submit your assignment to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox.

In order to create your slideshow, review the two case studies and then answer the following questions:

Case Study 1: Isaac is a 59-year-old man. Several months ago, he noticed a slight tremor in his hands. He assumed this to be a normal consequence of aging. The tremor, however, gradually worsened along with some muscular stiffness and slowness in initiating movement. The tremor was more pronounced when he was not voluntarily moving. Isaac was referred to a neurologist who diagnosed him with Parkinson's disease. After visiting the neurologist, Isaac and his family ask you to further explain this disorder. Isaac also asks about L-dopa as a treatment—the neurologist had mentioned L-dopa as an effective medication but instead prescribed selegiline.

What are the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease?
What are the possible causes? Be sure to discuss both hereditary and environmental factors thought to contribute to the cause of this disease.
What parts of the brain does this disease affect?
Why do you think the neurologist prescribed selegiline instead of L-dopa?
Case Study 2: Sabrina is a 27-year-old woman who recently underwent a corpus callosotomy. Initially after surgery, when given a verbal command, Sabrina demonstrated marked apraxia of the left hand. However, the extent of this issue diminished over time. Please answer the following questions about this client:

What disorder was most likely being treated by this operation, and how is the surgery performed?
In what way is the surgery expected to help Sabrina?
Analyze the risks and benefits of the surgery, and compare these to the risks and benefits of an alternative treatment. If the decision were yours, which would you recommend? Explain your reasoning.
What was the cause of the apraxia?
What does the reduction in apraxia symptoms tell us about hemispheric specialization?

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Thank you for your patience while we search for a professional to assist you.

Thanks for asking me to help in this.

10 slides with brief speaker's notes for $50, that's ok?

Please rectify your price offer or if you want you may also add the difference as a bonus.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i add it the difference as a bonus. thanks

Ok, welcome.

By the way, that will be about $30 bonus for the price difference, is that right?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think the value was 30 for the question so it will be an extra 20.

I am not sure but what I can tell is that the current price set is about 20.

The price offer is too low for the work required.

Anyway, can you just up the price to at least 50.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes...$50 ..it funny i have $30 as the price on the top of this page.

Well, we can't see the exact price offer but experts are just having estimate basing on the price we are supposed to get.

Anyway, can you just please change the price offer.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes..but how do i do that .or do i just add 30 to the donus

I think there is an option that allows you to change the price.

You may also assistance from customer service.

You can also just add 30 as bonus later.

Whichever is easy and convenient to you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just change the price to $50 ..thank you

Thanks but what I see--- the price value has changed to 30 or (35?).

Anyway, I am going offline now.

I will work on this and have it ready in the evening.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how about i change it back and give you the deffents in your bonus.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how about i change it back and give you the diffenet in your bonus...did way you will get the full amount.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i talk to custom service ...and said to asked for a refurn and repost to question back..so plaese look for the new post ...thank you

Ok.

You can request this question closed and you may repost the question.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi. lani i just call customer service and there is no need to close the question. they told me that the amount post for the answer is 50, and if i am satisfied with the answer that you well get the whole amount of $50. So i will not repost the question. you will get the full amount. thank you

Here we go, please download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ktzqla18j8hpc2a/Parkinson's_Corpus_Callosotomy.pptx

Let me know if you need further assistance or have any question.

Thanks and good luck!

lani_s, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: I had been helping students in writing essays and PowerPoint presentations.