Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

Individual research on existing or emerging technology and

• Topic Title – Begin with a topic title that describes what you’re writing about

• Gaming and Social Responsibility

• Explain briefly—one paragraph should be sufficient—why you selected this topic.

• There is a lot of controversy in the world of video games for children and whether or not video games hinder the ability of our children learning and whether or not their attention spans are decreasing because of it. This topic is upsetting because although I was raised in a non-technical way, my children are thriving educationally because of the educational video games that are currently available.

• Determine three critically important questions you would like to address regarding your topic when you complete your research for the C – 2 Narrative.

• The objective in developing and posing these questions is to stage your research and writing for the final C – 2 Issues Paper so that one or more ethical principles are applied and explained as a result of your research.

• This process helps you establish a thesis for your research.

• Are video games better at teaching logic and problem solving skills than many school curriculums?

• How would we weigh these benefits against the potential harms that have been attributed to games like violence, addiction, and foul language?

• Is it possible to develop all video games to have educational value without upsetting the delicate balance between work and play?

• Provide at least three proposed reference sources, at least two of which must be from the UMUC library databases.

• 2011. "An exploration of the role of interactivity in video game-based learning." OAIster, EBSCOhost (accessed September 22, 2013).

• Ormsby, R., Daniel, R., & Ormsby, M. (2011). Preparing for the Future with Games for Learning: Using Video Games and Simulations to Engage Students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Astropolitics, 9(2/3), 150-164. doi:10.1080/14777622.2011.625924

• Amon, K. L., & Campbell, A. J. (2011). Game-Based Learning: Current Research in Games for Health, a Focus on Biofeedback Video Games as Treatment for AD/HD. In P. Felicia (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Improving Learning and Motivation through Educational Games: Multidisciplinary Approaches (pp. 583-605). Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference. doi:10.4018/978-1-60960-495-0.ch028

Paper C-2 - Individual research on existing or emerging technology and related ethical issues

This is the second part of a three-part assignment, an individual assignment to research existing or emerging technology and its ethical impact using the Web.  You are required to select an individual topic (see suggestions below) and submit your choice to the instructor for review and approval.  Ensure that your research addresses the ethical issues of an existing or emerging technology!  Submit the completed assignment to your appropriate Assignment Folder on the due date indicated in the course syllabus. Note:  An important part of your final paper must include a one page synopsis of the topic selection. You should state why you feel this is important and describe any supporting resources you found supporting your choice.

Prepare a minimum 3- 5 page, double-spaced paper and submit it to your Assignments Folder as an attached Microsoft Word file. Indicate appropriate (APA) reference citations for all sources you use.  In addition to critical thinking and analysis skills, your paper should reflect appropriate grammar and spelling, good organization, and proper business-writing style.

The instructor will assign groups for the third part.  Meantime, post your topic selection for your Study Group—the one-page synopsis should suffice—for further collaboration in preparation for a group presentation.   Post your review and analysis paper as an attachment in Collaborative Docs in your Study Group so others can read further detail to develop more information in addition to the synopsis you previously provided.

DOCUMENT LINK:

http://ge.tt/6s0PMPt/v/0?c

This assignment is due Sunday, October 6th, 2013 @ midnight

Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I am ok with waiting. This assignment is due on Sunday though

Thank you for your patience while we search for a professional to assist you.
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 10 months ago.
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Still waiting :)

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

I have marked your question high priority and you’ll receive an email notification as soon as you have a new reply.
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 10 months ago.

This has been opened to my category now (thanks for the initial request!) - I will work on this and have with you by Sunday evening at latest.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks so much!!!! You are awesome and by far one of the best experts here! ^_^

No problem! :)

See file attached

https://www.box.com/shared/b3gdoqvszhaup7jlxupb

Cheers

Steve
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience: Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management