Kelyn1
Kelyn1, Reading Specialist
Experience:  20+ years in Regular and Special Education, Reading Specialist Master's, Published author
20214394

Use the "Student Oral Language Observation Matrix (SOLOM),"

Use the "Student Oral Language Observation Matrix (SOLOM)," available on the Center for Applied Linguistics website at http://www.cal.org/twi/EvalToolkit/appendix/solom.pdf, to assess the communicative skills of an English language learner.

It may be helpful during your observation to first take field notes of what is happening during the lessons and note how the student is attending to the lesson in demonstrating oral language proficiency. Then use these notes to help rate the student’s oral language proficiency.

Use the results of the SOLOM diagnostic assessment to plan a content area lesson in which you incorporate a strategy to meet an area of need as identified in the SOLOM for this student:
1.Write your lesson plan with the activity included.
2.Define the purpose of the activity.
3.Make sure you have a content objective(s) and a language objective in your plan.
4.Include a formative assessment.
5.Explain, in a brief paragraph of 250-500 words, how at the end of your lesson plan you would use a summative assessment at the end of a complete unit of study.
6.Deliver the lesson.

As a final step, explain and evaluate in a brief paragraph of 200-300 words to what extent the lesson improved this student's progress.
I have a model ELL matrix and lessons does your project have to be specific to the solom assessment. I also tried to open your link but I had trouble.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
http://www.cal.org/twi/EvalToolkit/appendix/solom.pdf
I am sorry but I can't get on the page. I will opt out and allow another expert to help you.
Customer

Hi. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I may be able to help with this! Have you actually administered the SOLOM or are you looking for a model of how that would look if actually done? Also, on what grade level do you need the lesson plan done. Any particular subject? (I'm best at English and Literature but I can turn out a good science or Math if needed)What is the due date for this project? Let me know!!

Best Regards,
Bethany Robertson
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need a model. Looking into kinder/1st grade .
Customer

Okay, a model on kinder\first level. That's totally doable! Due date?

Bethany
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wednesday
Customer

Got it! I will get started and keep you informed as to my progress. I'll be in touch!

Bethany
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much

Customer

Just an update. The project is progressing well and having it for you tomorrow will be no problem. Have a wonderful night!

Bethany
booboot,

I have your model ready! It is in two parts and the chart did not copy well from Adobe to MS Word, but it is fully understandable. Go here to retrieve them:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k5w7rveggzy6i9p

http://www.mediafire.com/view/a5534nxvmo5b9bq/SOLOM_TO.docx

Let me know if you need me again, I have enjoyed working with you! Just put "To Kelyn1" in the subject line of your question and I will be alerted!

Best,
Bethany
Kelyn1, Reading Specialist
Experience: 20+ years in Regular and Special Education, Reading Specialist Master's, Published author