jadt65
jadt65, Freelance Writer
Experience:  Professional freelance writer, editor, and writing coach

o Would you be able to help with this assignment? • This

Customer Question

o Would you be able to help with this assignment?
• This assignment is needed A.S.A.P. *September 29, 2013 by 11:59 PM (EST).
Part 1: Cultural Competencies
Here are the details:
• 250/350 Words
• Submitted to Turnitin/ APA Style.
Health disparities and cultural competence have been addressed throughout your MPH program. In order to more effectively read the population, public health professionals need to understand the impact of culture on the communication and health behaviors of those individuals they seek to serve. The United States is an increasingly diverse community, and cultural competency is an important skill for public health professionals
• Address the following:

In your own words, summarize what it means to be culturally competent and evaluate your current knowledge level of this skill.

Provide examples from your past experience, coursework, and/or practicum experience that support your knowledge level and demonstrate at least three specific competencies as presented in the ASPH MPH Diversity and Culture, the Competencies Project, or the Public Health Code of Ethics.

Discuss at least one competency within this skill that you wish to gain or improve, and suggest one means of accomplishing this goal.

Readings/Resourses:

Jones, C. P. (2000). Going public: Levels of racism: A theoretical framework and a gardener's tale. American Journal of Public Health, 90(8), 1212–1215. Retrieved October 9, 2008, from http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.90.8.1212

Part 2: Advocacy in Public Health
Here are the details:
• 250/350 Words
• Submitted to Turnitin/ APA Style.

Advocacy plays an important role in pubic health law and regulation; however, advocacy also plays a role at the local public health agency level, where public health professionals work to implement health interventions and educate their constituents.

Advocacy impacts all facets of the population, regardless of culture or socioeconomic status. Issues such as safe handling of food, lead levels in products, and handwashing practices in the health and food industry make a difference for every individual. Consider the importance of advocacy in public health and how advocacy may be used at your agency and/or on a project you are working on.

Address the following:

• In your own words, what is the importance of advocacy in public health?

• How is advocacy used at your agency or on a project within your practicum setting?
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  jadt65 replied 9 months ago.

I can put together a template with the factual information for this question:

"In your own words, summarize what it means to be culturally competent and evaluate your current knowledge level of this skill.

Readings/Resources:

Jones, C. P. (2000). Going public: Levels of racism: A theoretical framework and a gardener's tale. American Journal of Public Health, 90(8), 1212-1215. Retrieved October 9, 2008, from http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.90.8.1212"

and then give you some prompts to guide you in the personal experience part of the question.

For the Advocacy portions:

I can answer this :

Which should help you with the second part.

Let me know how you would like to continue.

Best,

Julie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

That would be fine...Please continue.

Expert:  jadt65 replied 9 months ago.

Will do, Thanks!

Expert:  jadt65 replied 9 months ago.

Here is the link to your answer . Please remember to save the doc because this is a one time download link.

As I did with the other question, I highlighted [prompts] in brackets where I did not have the information. Just fill in those blanks and your paper will be completed.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified. If not, please remember to accept the answer and rate my service.

Best,

Julie

jadt65, Freelance Writer
Experience: Professional freelance writer, editor, and writing coach
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi! Did you get my new post, that I posted early this morning?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Jadt65,

Would you be able to help me with this assignment? This assignment just needs to be edited so that I can incorporate it into another assignment. This is one that you've helped me with before.

Assignment is here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in?