jadt65, Freelance Writer
Experience:  Professional freelance writer, editor, and writing coach

o Would you be able to help with this assignment? • This

o Would you be able to help with this assignment?
• This assignment is needed A.S.A.P. *September 28, 2013 by 11:59 PM (EST).
Part 1: Leadership Skills in Public Health
Here are the details:
• 250/350 Words
• Submitted to Turnitin/ APA Style.
Most leaders have no formal background in "leadership"—they are in those positions because they excel at something else entirely. Yet leadership is, to a large extent, about working with and through others. A strong leader can build a bridge with others in their own organization as well as with other groups, stakeholders and political leaders. Many leadership skills are strategic in nature, making them equally effective in different sectors—for example, in public health, health care, government, military, industry, commerce, retail, and technology. Through self-reflection, leaders can better understand their strengths and weaknesses, and they can actively work to improve in weak areas while capitalizing on areas of strength.

• Address the following:

• List and describe three concepts, strategies, skills, or lessons you learned in PUBH 6135: Leadership, Professionalism, and Ethics in Public Health.
• Were you able to apply any of these lessons in your practicum, work environment, volunteer work, or personal life? Please describe how you applied these concepts, strategies, skills, or lessons.
• Reflect on your current leadership skills. What skill do you desire to improve upon and how will you enhance your opportunities to make these improvements?

Fernandez, C. (2008). Managing the difficult conversation. Journal of Public Health Management & Practice, 14(3), 317–319.

George, B., Sims, P., McLean, A., & Mayer, D. (2007). Discovering your authentic leadership. Harvard Business Review, 85(2), 129–138.

Heifetz, R. A., & Laurie, D. L. (2001). The work of leadership. Harvard Business Review, 79(11), 131–141.

Part 2: Communicating with Different Audiences
Here are the details:
• 250/350 Words
• Submitted to Turnitin/ APA Style.

Public health professionals often make presentations to obtain funding, to demonstrate program effectiveness, to report program successes, or to disseminate research findings. When making presentations, it is important to recognize who you are addressing. Presenting to a board of directors is different than presenting to a focus group or to legislators. Presenting research findings to stakeholders interested in knowing if a public health intervention has been successful requires yet another set of considerations. Therefore, public health professionals must understand their audience and present information in terms that are appropriate for that audience.

Address the following:

• Describe a presentation (give specifics of time, place, title, etc.) you gave and what skills you used to enhance the quality of this presentation. If you have a PowerPoint or handouts to share, please place these in Doc Sharing.

• What could you do (or have you done) to improve your presentation skills?

• Describe a newsletter, public service announcement, or other written work you have taken part in during your practicum.

• Covello, V. (2003). Best practices in public health risk and crisis communication. Journal of Health Communication, 1(8), 5-9.

• Regidor, E., de la Fuente, L., Gutierrez-Fisac, J., Mateo, S., Pascual, C., Sanchez-Paya, J., et al. (2007). The role of the public health official in communicating public health information. American Journal of Public Health, 97, S93-S97.

• Rudd, R., Kaphingst, K., Colton, T., Gregoire, J., & Hyde, J. (2004). Rewriting public health information in plain language. Journal of Health Communication, 9(3), 195-206.

• Wray, R., Becker, S., Henderson, N., Glik, D., Jupka, K., Middleton, S., et al. (2008). Communicating with the public about emerging health threats: Lessons from the pre-event message development project. American Journal of Public Health, 98(12), 2214-2222.

Thank you for requesting me. I want to help you with this, but most are these are "reflect on your experience" questions. While I could make up something, that does not really help you.

If you want to write your responses, I am happy the review, edit, and correct them for you.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, Thanks! I'm just so behind, I'm trying to get caught up.

I understand. Just let me know how you want to proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to proceed and I can send you what I have to make it fit.

okay. thanks

I will wait to receive the information for you before start.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How are you doing getting the information together? I want to make sure we meet you deadline.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have to get back in front of my computer, but I did a powerpoint presentation on breast cancer and also one on childhood obesity. I also had to put together a save the date announcement for an annual meeting.

Hi, Here is the link to your answer . Please remember to save the doc bc it is a one time download.

For the second question, there are [prompts] in brackets that are highlighted, since I did have specific information. Just add the information and your paper will be complete.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications. If not, please remember to accept the answer and rate my service.