Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

1. Consider software applications that you regularly use that

Customer Question

1. Consider software applications that you regularly use that have menu interfaces, whether they be PC- or mainframe-based applications. Evaluate these applications in terms of the menu design guidelines outlined in Table 11-1 of our textbook.

2. Consider the possible design of a registration system for a hotel aimed at front-desk hotel employees. Following the design specification items in Fig. 11-2, briefly describe the relevant users, tasks, and displays involved in such a system.

3. Imagine the possible design of a system used to register students at a university. Discuss the user, task, system, and environmental characteristics (see Table 10-10 of our textbook) that should be considered when designing the interface for such a system.

4. For the three common methods of system interaction --command language, menus, and objects-- recall a software package that you have used recently and list what you liked and disliked about the package with regards XXXXX XXXXX interface. What were the strengths and weaknesses of each interaction method for this particular program? Which type of interaction do you prefer for which circumstances? Which type do you believe will become most prevalent? Why?

5. Briefly describe three or more different business tasks that are good candidates for form-based interaction within an information system.

6. Propose three or more specific settings where natural language interaction would be particularly useful and explain why.

7. Examine the help systems for three or more software applications that you use. Evaluate each using the general guidelines provided in Table 12-11 of our textbook.

8. List four contributing factors that have acted to impede the design of high-quality interfaces and dialogues on Internet-based applications.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm waiting

Thank you for your patience while we search for a professional to assist you.
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Right

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Your question is open to all professionals and marked high priority. You'll receive an email notification if a professional replies. We appreciate your patience.

Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional, but we are unable to find someone to answer this question at this time. However, as one of our valued customers, you are more than welcome to ask another question. Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay