Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

ScenarioAcme Toys, Inc. is a leading toy manufacturer.

Customer Question

Scenario

Acme Toys, Inc. is a leading toy manufacturer. As part of its expansion plan, it purchased a new building for its headquarters, which will house all the departments of the company. Apart from the usual departments, such as marketing, sales (with telemarketing capability), accounting, and IT, the building will also house the R&D, manufacturing, and distribution departments.

The company wants to set up a network to enable employees to communicate and share resources. The company requires workstations and server computers. The servers should provide support for:

A multiuser environment
Multiple processors
Various types of applications
High security
High memory requirements
In addition, the network should be able to support high-level, multiuser applications that will run simultaneously. The profiles of employees range from a sales executive who is not computer savvy to IT professionals and people in the R&D department who are technology savvy. Due to the diverse user profiles, the company also needs to consider the ease of use of the OS.

The IT department is in the process of designing the processing requirements of computers. Although the entire company will be networked, a separate network is required for the R&D department because of security reasons. In addition, the manufacturing department plans to expand its network within the next six months by fifty percent.

As a member of the IT team, you need to recommend the best OSs for workstations and servers on the network. You need to consider the ease of use of various OSs based on user profiles. Your report must provide a rationale for the proposed OS and compatibility issues, if any, if you propose using multiple OSs.

Part 1—Identifying Network Requirements and OS Implementation

Using the South University Online library and the Internet, research various OSs.

Based on your research, create a report in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document to complete the following tasks:

Identify and describe in detail the requirements for Acme Toys Inc. Make sure that you include the different requirements for workstations and servers.
Identify the requirements an OS and architecture implementation must address. Include details about hardware, software, security, memory, and different types of users. Discuss resource needs to be managed by the OS, architecture, distributed operated systems, whether there is a need for a GUI, and windowing.
Support your responses with examples.

PLEASE Cite any sources in APA format

DUE: Monday September 23, 2013
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 12 months ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 12 months ago.
I'll be happy to help with this - will have with you by 5PM EST tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you there will be more it's in 5 parts
No problem
This is the document

https://www.box.com/shared/cv0wl2y3wdcafmeejhtv

Cheers

Steve
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience: Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Thank you !!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello Steve heres Pt 2

Continuing with the course project this week, analyze three different OSs for each requirement, for both the servers and workstations.

Identify the OS that best fits the situation, and include the rationale for the choice made.

Continuing with the Microsoft Word document you started in week 1, add a 2- to 3-page report to complete the following tasks:

• Analyze three different OSs for each of the requirements identified in week 1for both workstations and servers. Describe in depth how each OS applies to each requirement of Acme Toys, Inc. and whether or not it would fit the situation.

• For each OS listed, describe IPC, multiprocessing, threads, and hardware support.

Support your responses with examples.

Please cite any sources in APA format.

DUE: October1,2013

Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 11 months ago.
No problem - will have this with you by the due date

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks!

No problem!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks! I will be sending Part 3 shortly

No problem!

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello Steve, heres part 3

Combine what you have worked on for Acme Toys Inc. in Part1 and Part 2. Now that you have read about networking support and multiprocessor support, analyze again the requirements described for Acme Toys Inc.

• Create a revised version of the Microsoft Word document that identifies the requirements for Acme Toys Inc., along with the requirements an OS implementation must address. New topics to include in the discussion this week are the role of OSs in networks, multiprocessor systems, synchronization and resource management, and scheduling.

• Analyze three different OSs for workstations and servers that can meet the needs of Acme Toys Inc. If there are any you examine that will not meet the needs, explain where they fall short. Provide details on how each choice meets each requirement.

• Ensure that your discussion includes comments about the architecture, hardware support, communications, process and threads, network support, and multiprocessor support.

Support your responses with specific examples.

Please Cite any sources in APA format.

DUE: October 7, 2013

No problem!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Steve have you heard of (apastyle.org for the correct way to format a formal paper)? Can you do this for the part to include citations...please.

Thank you

Yes, Word is set to use APA style for citations.

If there are specific requirements for a text needing them you will need to let me know how many.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes I will
Thanks!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you so much Steve!.

No problem, you're welcome!

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Will it be alright if I just give you the remaining last part 4 & 5 (but keep them separate) then we'll be done.

Yep, let me know when they're needed.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I'll be sending it shortly

No problem!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Part 4—Memory Management and Virtual Memory

Continuing with the course project, this week, you will study how various OSs perform memory management and provide support for virtual memory.

Tasks

Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research memory management, virtual memory of OSs, deadlock modeling, and distributed OSs.

Based on your research, complete the following tasks:

• For the scenario at Acme Toys Inc. described in Week 1, read the requirements again. In the Microsoft Word document from W3 Assignment 2, to your analysis of OSs (three OSs for workstations and servers), add to the discussion with regard to memory management, virtual memory, deadlock modeling, and distributed OSs. Support your analysis with reasons.

• For each listed OS, discuss the requirements for size of virtual and physical memories.

Support your responses with examples.

Cite any sources in APA format

Due:October 14.2013

Ok - got it!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Cant' seem to load Part 5

You can always e-mail it to experts@pearl.com for my attention and include a link to this thread.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Part 5—Comparing Operating Systems

Continuing with the course project from Weeks 1 to 4, in this week, you will be asked to submit a final document that includes the revised requirements of Acme Toys Inc. and a discussion of three OSs, in order of preference, which meet these requirements.
Week 5 Tasks
This week's assignment will continue with the Acme Toys Inc. scenario and summarizes what was covered in Weeks 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Submit a final 6- to 8-page document in Microsoft Word that includes the following:
* Revised requirements for Acme Toys Inc.
* A discussion of three OSs each for both workstations and servers, in order of preference, which meet these requirements. Include the following in the discussion:
* Architecture
* Hardware support
* Communications
* Process and threads
* Network support
* Multiprocessor support
* Memory management
* Virtual memory
* Security
* File system requirements
* Cost of implementation
* Compatibility
* Vendor support
* A final choice of an appropriate OS and architecture for the company. Provide reasons in support of your choices.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.

Due October 14, 2013

Thanks - no problem :)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Steve when doing Part 5 could you please ensure that this critieria is there cause right now all of the assignment that you assisted me with weren't really what up to the standard that was required. Here is the criteria for part 4 and 5 . Could you Please,please try and do this...

Part 4

Added the discussion with regard to memory management, virtual memory, deadlock modeling, and distributed OSs to the Microsoft Word document from W3
Assignment 2
. Provided reasons for your analysis.

Discussed the requirements for the size of virtual and physical memory for the OS chosen for each workstation and server

Used correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary. Cited all sources using APA format.

Part 5

Analyzed and documented the revised requirements for Acme Toy Inc. in a Microsoft Word document.

Chose three appropriate OSs for workstations and servers to meet the
requirements.

Chose and provided rationale for OSs in regard to architecture, hardware support, communications, process and threads, network support, and multiprocessor support.

Chose and provided rationale for OSs in regard to memory and security.

Chose and provided rationale for OSs in regard to file system requirements, cost of implementation, compatibility, and vendor support.

Written components

Yes, will work on that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you so very much!!!

No problem
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Steve thank you so much for your help...words can not express my gratitude.

No problem!