Cher
Cher, Master's Degree
Experience:  MA, BA Author. Teacher, Tutor 35+ years. Specializing in Language and Writing

I need to write a reponse letter for a customer complaint.

I need to write a reponse letter for a customer complaint. For school I have no idea how to start
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Annamarie and welcome back to Just Anwer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today, if I am able.

Do you know the nature of the customer's complaint? Can you provide a few more details?

By when do you need this completed?

Thanks for all your additional information.
Cher

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Cher, seems my replay did not went through last night.

Here is the assignment.

Thank you

ENGL 206

Response to a Customer Complaint

You are the field service manager for DDG Fiber Optics. This morning you received the following letter from Grady McKenzie at Terra Computers in Dallas, Texas.

Recently, our company purchased two F-24Z Illuminators for use in our facilities. The product does not live up to its specifications. First, one unit is causing eye strain in our employees. Although your catalog promises that the Illuminator meets IES/ANSI human visual comfort standards and eliminates direct glare on computer screens, several operators have complained of eye strain. Second, the other unit malfunctions intermittently. At times the light goes out completely; at other times the light flickers. Your field service office has sent three technicians to fix the Illuminator but the problems persist. It would appear that your technicians do not know what they are doing or that the units are beyond repair, perhaps as a result of a manufacturing error.

Our employees are suffering and we are missing deadlines due to downtime when your techs are on site. We need an immediate solution to this problem.

Write a letter to Mr. McKenzie at Terra Computers advising him of how your company will solve the problem.

Requirements:

• Clear statement of the problem and your solution

• Logical organization

• Appropriate tone (you attitude)

• Correct letter format (block style.) Refer to our textbook for examples. Create addresses for both companies.

• 6C’s: clear, complete, concise, concrete, courteous, correct

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Hi again, Annamarie and thanks for your helpful reply.

I'm sorry you had a problem getting your response through to me, last night.

I can help you with this, but as you may know, I don't have access to your textbook to view examples, so you can change anything that needs to be changed, once I send you my version of the letter.

By when do you need this completed?

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Saturday around noon, Eastern time. thank you

Here is just a couple of guide lines :

Response Letter

For this week's assignment, you are writing a response to a customer complaint.

Keep the following Best Practices in mind as you write your letter:

• Consider how you can best maintain goodwill with your customer and how you can satisfy the customer's needs.

• Remember your audience and consider the customer's level of technical knowledge. Put yourself in the customer's shoes and try to write a letter that the customer will find professional, pleasant, and a letter that provides all the information the customer needs to settle the complaint.

• Be very clear about what action steps your company will take and what action steps the customer is required to take.

CATEGORY

10 Excellent

8-9 Good

6-7 Fair

0-5 Poor

Format/Visual Appeal

Complies with all the requirements for a business letter. Professional appearance with visual appeal.

Complies with almost all the requirements for a business letter.

Eye appeal is solid to good.

Complies with several of the requirements for a business letter. Eye appeal is marred by some formatting problems. Font style detracts from the message or is unprofessional.

Complies with less than 75% of the requirements for a business letter. No eye appeal. White space is not used.

Mechanics

Sentences are complete, well-constructed and of varied structure. Writer makes no errors that interfere with meaning.

All sentences are complete and well-constructed (no fragments, no run-ons). Writer makes minimal errors in grammar and/or spelling.

Most sentences are complete and well-constructed. Writer makes some errors in grammar and/or spelling.

Many sentence fragments or run-on sentences. Sentences may be incoherent. Writer makes numerous and/or serious errors in grammar and/or spelling.

Content Accuracy

The letter clearly states the problem and the solution with an accurate explanation of the event that caused the complaint and a logical plan for solving the problem.

The letter states the problem and a reasonable solution but either one or both may lack development.

The letter states the problem and a solution, but either the problem or the solution is unclear and underdeveloped.

The letter does not state the problem or solution clearly and is very confusing.

Tone

Tone is positive, personal, professional and considerate. Proposed solutions are win/win. Demonstrates strong you-attitude.

Tone is neutral, somewhat professional, and mostly considerate. Solutions provided are mostly win/win but perhaps somewhat lopsided. Demonstrates you-attitude overall.

Tone is negative or wishy-washy, unprofessional and inconsiderate at times. Solutions provided are unworkable or lopsided. Lacks you-attitude.

Negative tone, selfish attitude, unprofessional. No solutions or completely “me oriented” solutions provided. Lacks you-attitude.

Organization

All ideas are clearly connected and sentences and paragraphs are woven together smoothly with effective use of transitions. Logical plan of organization.

On the whole, ideas are clearly connected, but a few shifts in thought or missing transitions retard the smooth flow of ideas. Logical plan of organization.

Attempt at organization is apparent, but the connections between ideas are often loose, and the reader may have difficulty following the relationships among ideas.

Unclear organization. Disjointed thoughts with no logical progression of ideas.

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

I will have this for you by or before your deadline.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Cher,

Thank you

Annamarie

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
You're most welcome, Annamarie.

I'll post back when the letter is completed.

Best regards,
Cher

PS: no reply or additional information is needed at this time, even though this must be sent as a 'request for information'. : )
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Hi again, Annamarie.

Please click HERE to download your letter. If you have any problems with the download, please let me know; also, please let me know as soon as you download and save the file to your computer. Thank you!

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Please do not rate negatively if you still need information. Just click "Reply" instead. Thank you!

If you found my answer helpful, a Positive Rating and Positive feedback on the survey, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Cher, Master's Degree
Experience: MA, BA Author. Teacher, Tutor 35+ years. Specializing in Language and Writing
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you Cher It is great and thank you for your quick response.

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Hi again, Annamarie.

Thanks very much for your excellent rating and most generous bonus; they are greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,
Cher

PS: No additional information is needed; this is simply a 'thank you', so please disregard any prompts you may automatically receive from the system. : )