Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

In the Euthyphro, Socrates and Euthyphro discuss the concept

In the Euthyphro, Socrates and Euthyphro discuss the concept of piety/holiness. This essay will not only test your ability to recognize and engage philosophical concepts and analysis, but also brings you into the dialogue as a participant, asking you to create your own definition of holiness.

Read the Euthyphro, and write a paper in which you do the following:
Explain how the concept of holiness emerges in the dialogue and why it takes a prominent position in the conversation between Socrates and Euthyphro.
Present the three definitions that Euthyphro uses in his response to Socrates, and then present Socrates’s refutation of each of Euthyphro’s definitions.
Develop your own argument as to what you think Socrates’s goal is in this dialogue. How do you know that is his goal? What features of the dialogue align with your interpretation of his goal?
Provide your own definition of piety/holiness and then create a Socratic response/critique of your definition. After you present your definition, take on the role of Socrates and respond to your own definition as you think he would.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am still waiting for an answer . I will need an answer by today at 4:00 pm as my assignment is due at 6:00 pm. Please respond!

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an answer by 4:00 pm today PST because that is when the assignment is due. Will I be able to get an answer by then?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
We appreciate your patience. We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary. Thank you for your understanding, we'll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

The moderator let me know you were seeking assistance. CLICK HERE for a model response on this prompt that contains some valuable information to assist as you put together your final prompt.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful rest of the week.
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration