Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

Project Planning and Management

Project Planning and Management Consider the following scenario: You are part of a software team which has three to four developers. This team has a contract with a larger software company, which has asked your team to design a complex software component that will work within a larger software application the firm is creating. One of the key challenges in this project is its volatility. As software requirements tend to change, developers may leave your team or the company's group, and new programmers may be added during the software development. In addition, the company will need to integrate your component within their own very complex system.

Write a 3- to 5-page paper in Microsoft Word document covering the following points:

* There are multiple SDLC methodologies for any software project. List and explain at least three of these approaches along with their respective advantages and disadvantages.

* Which SDLC methodology will you use to develop this project? Why? Justify why you would use this approach versus any other approach.

* Which are the key risk areas for the project? Illustrate.

* How will you plan to manage, mitigate, and remove identified risk areas as part of your project plan?

* There are multiple approaches to estimate the cost of any software project. List and explain at least two of these approaches? Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.

* Which approach will you use to estimate the overall cost of the project? Why? Justify your choice. Why do you think that other approaches will be less appropriate?

In addition to the above, create a complete Microsoft Project file for this project including tasks, sub tasks, resources, and dependency.

Support your responses with examples. (Please)

Cite any sources in APA format. (Please)

Due: September 16, 2013

Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Will be happy to help with this

Steve Herrod :

Ok for Sunday by 5PM EST?

Customer:

Oh yes that's fine!

Steve Herrod :

No problem

Customer:

Have you finished this assignment because if you have I can't get to it. Where is it posted?

Steve Herrod :

Not yet, apologies if you got an automatic email

Steve Herrod :

This is the document

Steve Herrod :

And project file is here

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Thank you sorry about the confusion

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer:

Steve I have posted another assignment and it's similar to the one you just finished do you think you can assist with it? It's already past due but I still have to get it done

Steve Herrod :

do you have the link for it as the search isn't working from my side?

Steve Herrod :

I would probably be able to complete it tomorrow but already working on two assignments today

Customer:

sure it's http://wikisend.com/download/194616/Project Management.docx

Steve Herrod :

thanks - do you have the Justanswer question link as well?

Customer:

it's posted on justanswer for any expert to answer. I originally wanted you to do it but you were already working on the one you just gave me. I posted them about the same time

Customer:

I wasn't sure if you wanted to do it

Steve Herrod :

I can do it but wouldn't be able to get it to you until tomorrow evening

Steve Herrod :

also, have found the JustAnswer link but it's in the Writing Homework category which I don't have access to

Steve Herrod :

it ight be possible to get this moved

Customer:

I'll try

Steve Herrod :

ok

Customer:

I looked at it and I don't know how to move it unless I repost it costing me more money

Steve Herrod :

that's ok - I can see if it can be moved but that might not be possible until the other expert has responded on it

Steve Herrod :

will keep an eye on it

Steve Herrod :

if I can get it moved is tomorrow evening ok?

Customer:

alright thanks

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience: Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management