khadijahtriggs
khadijahtriggs, Master's Degree
Experience:  Speech Therapist for 30 years in the New York City School System.

Dropbox Assignment Assignment 2: Positive Psychology and

Dropbox Assignment
Assignment 2: Positive Psychology and Spirituality

Substance abuse counseling lends itself nicely to the integration of positive psychology and spirituality. While both of these therapy approaches have been explored for many years, the integration into substance abuse counseling is a relatively new development. As such, many clients may not be aware of the techniques in positive psychology and spirituality that can be of use in their recovery.

Juanita has been seeking treatment for her marijuana use from you for a month now. While she has significantly cut back on her substance use, she is having difficulty quitting and remaining abstinent for periods that last longer than a few days. In your counseling sessions, Juanita has mentioned that she feels very badly about herself—she feels guilty about being unable to quit and explains that she doesn’t think she is strong enough to quit altogether. She has also expressed nervousness that her boyfriend would no longer like her if she quit smoking, and she has expressed concern that if he leaves her, she wouldn’t be able to find a new boyfriend because she doesn’t believe she is pretty enough. Juanita is also unsatisfied with her job as a cashier at the local grocery store, but has expressed her opinion that she doesn’t think she is smart enough to get a better job. You know from Juanita’s history, that her mother was very critical of Juanita when she was a child and that her father was absent for most of her childhood. In high school, Juanita excelled at classes in biology and math, but she never attended college.

To help Juanita overcome her barriers to marijuana abstinence, write a summary of what you will cover in your next meeting with Juanita. Ensure that you cover the following points:

Explain the concepts of positive psychology to Juanita.
Examine the goals of positive psychology and explain how this approach will help Juanita obtain sobriety, focusing specifically on the concerns and dissatisfactions she has expressed.
Design at least two exercises based on positive psychology for Juanita to work on in between counseling sessions.
Explain spirituality to Juanita, emphasizing the differences between spirituality and religion.
Examine how spirituality and positive psychology can work together to help Juanita achieve her goals.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 10 months ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes I still need help with this question by tomorrow now if possible.Please respond asap if possible

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

HELLO I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO REPLY BEFORE IT IS TO LATE. AT LEAST RESPOND AND AND NOT LEAVE ME HANGING.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

what do you need

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I am afraid that your first reply occurred after I was offline and I have just now come back online. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you, but we can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.

No further information is being requested at this time. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator

Expert:  stayathomemomof2 replied 10 months ago.
Good evening. I may be able to help you with this by tomorrow, but I need a little more information. Is there a particular time that you need this completed by tomorrow? (If so, what time zone are you located in?). What length does this need to be? Does this require any references? Any particular format? Smile
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Write a 4–5-page paper in Word format. Use scholarly resources, including the textbook to support your ideas. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. I need no later than 5.p.m. I am in eastern standard time. Please reply and let me know definitely

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I had gone to bed before your reply. Due to the needed length and deadline, I will not be able to assist you. I will opt out to allow another expert to help you. :)
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes I still needed help but if not able to get help soon then I will want my money back

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Expert:  khadijahtriggs replied 10 months ago.
Yes I will help you. When do you need this paper?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I need this paper ASAP

I will start your paper. When you sat 5 pm is that today?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

YES IF POSSIBLE

I am almost finished but it is 5:12pm in New York is that okay.
http://www.4shared.com/download/L9Xw2uYt/positive_thinking.docx
Here is your link copy and paste in browser. If I helped you give me 3 points less than that and I won't get credit. Use my work as a model and guide to your own work for purposes of academic honesty.
khadijahtriggs, Master's Degree
Experience: Speech Therapist for 30 years in the New York City School System.

http://www.4shared.com/download/L9Xw2uYt/positive_thinking.docx Here is your link again just click on it. Also if you need for me to write more let me know I wanted to get the paper to you because it is past the deadline.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your help and the time you did it.If I need your help again how would I able to correspond with you because it is always so difficult to get help in a timely manner and I prefer to just deal with one person.

My name is XXXXXXXX XXX for me by name say this is for Khadijah. JA appreciates your business and so do I.