verbsrule
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  8 yrs teaching experience in English and history. Writing consultant.

Is there anyone that is an expert in writing a resume? I am

Is there anyone that is an expert in writing a resume? I am applying for a substitute for a school district. The categories I am applying to substitute for are: food services, paraprofessional, buildings and grounds, and secretarial. I filled out most of the application, now I also need a resume and help on the "skills and experience" section of the application.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  asciandwildlife replied 11 months ago.
Hello Missy,
If you can post a previous resume you have on hand and/or a list of the details and skills you wanted included, I can help you create your resume.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Here are some things about me:http://www.mediafire.com/view/8x5157hz224ph6u/Skills_and_experience.docx

I am sending you my application next

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

on the first page of the application it says I need a resume if applying for secretarial or paraprofessional in addition to my application. so since I am applying for both to substitute, do you think one resume would do?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

will you be able to get back today. I would like to hand in the resume and application tomorrow. what time zone are you in?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  khadijahtriggs replied 11 months ago.
Is someone helping you with this? If you are not being helped I will send you a couple of resume formats.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX am going to ask verbsrule to help put together my resume. She knows me better and will be able to help me put mine together.

Expert:  verbsrule replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the link still open with the info I need?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I want verbsrule to help can the other two experts opt out? Thank nyou
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi verbsrule, can you work on this. I am trying to have the other two experts opt out.

OK, thank you. It will probably be in the morning before I can finish. Will that be OK?
Not a problem I am glad that you have an expert that you feel comfortable with.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok. I will try to get it then, so I can take it and drop it off at the school tomorrow at lunch. I will be working until 11ish.

OK, I will work on it tonight since I know that you are in a crunch to turn it in. Have you written your cover letter, too?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no I did not do a cover letter. can you help with that?

Yes, you should have a letter, too. I'll work on that, too.
Will you be online in the morning?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I am here now. but I will be putting my son on the bus. Then I will work at 9-11:30 around 12 I would like to take resume before I have to come back to work.

OK, my goal is to have it ready by 10pm. I have an interview today, so I have to get ready for that, too. :-)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

do you mean 10 am or pm

10am. I need to finish this morning. :-)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok. thanks

https://app.box.com/s/trm065pkboqzjz186foe

Take a look at this. It is one page, which is the most common format. You will need to put your email address under your phone number. Also, I added another page for references, but you will need to add those.

I'll work on the letter now.
OK, here's a very basic cover letter: https://app.box.com/s/mdfbe3zb1nq8iisv9cns

I looked on the site and noticed that the positions you mentioned are not open at this time. I wrote the letter to reflect that, but especially to reflect your enthusiasm for teaching. anyway, I think that they would be crazy not to at the very least keep you in mind or bring you in for an interview.

Let me know if you want to make any changes.

also, on the resume, you can cut out the references list. Most employers will ask you for that when you go for an interview. So, you might want to get it ready for when you do get called in. :-)
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 8 yrs teaching experience in English and history. Writing consultant.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you so much. Good luck today with interview. I tried to push excellent service so you would get paid. Let me know if it worked something didn't look right. I will also give you a tip as soon as I figure out what is going on. I will probably have to contact customer service to add more funds. It is not allowing me to.

You are very welcome. Please keep me posted on how it goes. I'm a bit nervous today-it's only part-time work, but it's with a university, and I really want the job.

It didn't go through, but I know you're good for it. :-)