Dr. Wilson
Dr. Wilson, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  Doctorate in Law; BA English
16445198

Need help with completing a draft memorandum. Scenario: You

Need help with completing a draft memorandum. Scenario: You have been contacted by the owner of the Lucky Spoon concerning the Lucky Spoon's potential negligence in the death of Max’s father. Review State case law concerning the duty of business owners for non-customers. Prepare a legal memorandum advising your client of your findings and recommendations concerning Lucky Spoon's potential liability. Max has appeared before your subcommittee of the State Legislature to consider a new piece of legislation. Max describes the events of the shooting of his father and his father’s immediate death. Max’s father was shot and killed by Louis at the Happy Jack Saloon located in a tiny rural town in the state. Max is suing Leroy, who owns and operates the Lucky Spoon Café, a small restaurant located across the street from Happy Jack’s. This is an action for negligence. Max alleges that on the date of the shooting of his father, a patron of Happy Jack’s came into the Lucky Spoon and yelled that a man had been threatened with a gun at Happy Jack’s. He asked that Leroy call the police or let him use the Lucky Spoon’s phone to call the police. Leroy refused, saying that it was not his problem; the shooting did not occur on his property, and he has no responsibility to do so. His only responsibility is to his patrons. While the patron was in the Lucky Spoon demanding the use of the phone, the shooting took place, and Max’s father died instantly.

****Need this done by 8/27/2013 8:00pm est***

Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to find one by 7:00pm EST today 8/27/2013? Please confirm. Thank you

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

Expert:  Dr. Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hello. How long does it have to be, and is this in New York using NY state law?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr Wilson,

3-5 pages. Yes in New York using NY state law. Please include references if any. Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Wilson replied 1 year ago.
OK already started. I will go as fast as a can...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Greatly appreciate it!

Expert:  Dr. Wilson replied 1 year ago.
I need more time. The search engine on New York's Supreme Court site is down. I have spent hours and hours trying to research just on the net. I will finish tomorrow because it is getting late. This work around is crazy. I do not know why or how New York could allow this. I have finished the analysis, just need to plug in t he case law from New York. If you want me to opt out let me know. Otherwise, I am continuing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue. Keep me posted. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Wilson replied 1 year ago.

The site was back up today and I could finish. Please CLICK HERE to retrieve. Let me know if you need any changes.

Dr. Wilson, Doctoral Degree
Experience: Doctorate in Law; BA English
Expert:  Dr. Wilson replied 1 year ago.

What do ya think? I went into deep legal analysis using Texas law of course. If you approve of my work, please, please, please rate me as soon as possible by clicking on one of the smiley faces that best reflects my work product. That is the only way I can get paid for my time and work. This took forever because when the web site for NY was down, I spent hours trying to hack around and use back doors to get to the cases I needed. Thank God it went back up the next day so I could finish. I will send you the rating prompt again so you can rate me. Thanks. Dr. Wilson Cool