judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Five years as a writing expert with justanswer.
46206387

1. The primary purpose of research writing is to… (Points

Customer Question

1. The primary purpose of research writing is to…

(Points : 5)

take a stand.
inform the reader.
document evidence.
pursue answers.

2. The single most important step in the research process is. . . (Points : 5)
finding sources.
selecting a path of inquiry.
writing a research paper.
browsing the library.

3. An example of a credible secondary source to be used for research is. . . (Points : 5)
original writing by an author.
editorial or peer review.
novels.
personal notes.

4. A good thesis. . . (Points : 5)
presents facts.
skews the paper in contrary directions.
expresses the focus of the paper.
is indirect.

5. What are the three main types of outlines? (Points : 5)
Title, subject, and practice.
Subject, paragraph, and essay.
Chronological, abstract, and concrete.
Topic, sentence, and paragraph.

6. Which statement is false? (Points : 5)
Research comes from the middle French word "rechercher" meaning "to seek out."
The research paper is a mini-classroom intended for your benefit.
The thesis-based research paper allows the writer to argue a proposition or point of view.
The research paper excludes information that does not support the writer's thesis.

7. As you read and analyze material, you can take notes using these three methods: (Points : 5)
Note cards, computer, and copy machine.
Skimming, formatting, copying and pasting.
Double-entry journal, research log, online research notebook.
Books, magazines, websites.

8. Research papers are written for all of the following reasons except: (Points : 5)
They force the writer to learn a great deal about a chosen topic.
They allow exclusion of information that contradicts the writer's thesis.
They teach the writer the conventions of scholarly writing, including the accepted styles of documentation and ethics of research.
They allow the writer a chance to become familiar with the library through the learning-by-doing method.

9. You should avoid all of the following topics except. . . (Points : 5)
Offer more than one avenue of investigation.
Rely on a single source of information.
Depend on breaking news for thesis support.
Demonstrate a bias toward one solution.

10. Which is NOT important when evaluating sources of evidence? (Points : 5)
The format of the sources
The point of view in sources
The date of the evidence
Your editorial judgement

11. The least authoritative resources can be located in which one of the following: (Points : 5)
Academic journals.
Trade books.
Government documents.
Encyclopedias.

12. The thesis statement is useful for all of the following reasons except: (Points : 5)
It limits the territory covered in the writing.
It pinpoints the action to be taken in the paper.
It gives the reader an idea of what to expect, which makes the paper easier to read.
It includes a series of two or threee sentences in the first paragraph of the paper.

13. What kind of process is research? (Points : 5)
Reformative.
Restrictive.
Recursive.
Reactionary.

14. There are three logical operators in Boolean logic that assist a researcher to define his or her search. Which of the following is not one of the them? (Points : 5)
but
and
or
not

15. An abstract should include all of the following except: (Points : 5)
a problem or thesis statement.
cited material.
the approach taken in the research.
the significant findings.

16. A proper APA style research paper will include… (Points : 5)
a title page, abstract, main paper, and reference page.
a title page, abstract, main paper, and bibliography page.
a title page, overview, main paper, and reference page.
a title page, overview, main paper, and bibliography page.

17. Which below is the correct APA citation for a quote? (Points : 5)
Birmingham (p. 12) found “that most students do not understand the memory process.”
Birmingham (2009) found “that most students do not understand the memory process.”
Birmingham (2009) found “that most student do not understand the memory process” (p. 12).
Birmingham (p. 12) found “that most student do not understand the memory process” (2009).

18. Which statement is true about personal communication according to the APA style? (Points : 5)
Personal communications are cited within the paper and on the reference page.
Personal communications are cited within the paper but are not put on the reference page.
Personal communica

19. When a quote is more than _________ words long, it should be block formatted. (Points : 5)

25

30

35

40

20. An APA title page does NOT include… (Points : 5)

a page number.

the name of school.

the due date.

a running header.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  judybailey61 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for asking for me. I will need a little time to check my resources to see if I can complete your answer.

Judy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, thank you

#18 is cut off ... can you check the answer choices?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Personal communications are not cited in the paper or on the reference page.
Personal communications do not count as a reference that needs to be cited anywhere.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you welcome

Click here to retrieve my thoughts on your question.

Let me know immediately if you are unable to retrieve your file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Your deposit does not automatically transfer to me.

Rate the advice you've received today (at least 3 or higher) so that I receive credit for helping you/answering your question. Need more help? Reply below with more questions!

PLEASE NOTE: Responses here are for information/education only. They are to provide guidance and samples for your use. The information contained here is a resource – the same as a Website or your text and should be combined with your own thoughts. Consider any information provided as a model response.

Be sure to reword and put into your own “voice.”

judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Five years as a writing expert with justanswer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you were very helpful.
You are most welcome. Please ask for me any time.

Judy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you have helped in the past and I'm requesting you again. I have a 15 pages research paper, and a 12 pages final presentation coming up on the same subject.But, I also have to turn in an outlined on Sunday, and an annotated Bibliography the following week. I need a writer and I'm wondering if you can help me please. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a 15 pages research paper, and a 12 pages power point slide final presentation coming up on the same topic.But, I also have to turn in an outlined about the chosen topic on Sunday, and an annotated Bibliography the following week. I need a writer and I'm wondering if you can help me please. Thank you

Thanks for remembering me.

How much work have you done on your subject? I can help if you have enough for me to make an outline from your ideas and work.

You will need to create a new listing for the research paper and presentation. Depending on the amount of work you can send me a 15 page paper would run from between $100 (all research is done) and $150 (little research done).

The presentation is between $75 and $100 more.

I know that these are hard times for many and realize that these values are pretty high. However, I have to consider the amount of time I would need to spend.

I am on vacation next week, but if you can send the topic and your ideas I can look at them to see if there is enough to make an outline with you.

So, please, if you are interested, list the paper as a new question and the powerpoint as a separate question.

If you have questions, please let me know.

Judy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done little research. The paper is not due until the 20th of October, and the presentation is due on the 25th. But, the outlined is due on Sunday, and the annotated Bibliography is due on the following Sunday. I'm not concern about the cost, I understand it's a lot of work i just want to get it done right.