M. Kennedy
M. Kennedy, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  B.A., J.D. degrees, former teacher, tutor
5930486

1. Discuss the theory behind why, under common law, a man could

Customer Question

1. Discuss the theory behind why, under common law, a man could not be charged with raping his wife, and the rationale behind most modern statutes that now permit such a charge if supported by evidence?

2. Bill and George have a traffic altercation. At the next light, Bill looks over to George and says, "If you ever do that again, I'll blow your head off." Has a crime been committed? If so, what offense? Does your answer change depending upon whether or not a gun is found in Bill's car? What if Bill merely said, "If you ever do that again, I'll punch your lights out!"

3. Bob buys a house that turns out to be a financial drain. If he decides to burn it down one day, and has no intention of filing an insurance claim and no one was hurt, is he guilty of a crime? Why or why not?

4. In your state, what is the blood alcohol level upon which a presumption arises that a person is under the influence of alcohol? What does that presumption mean and how can it be overcome? What other types of impairment are included that result in a violation of the statute? What are the degrees of these offenses; how and why do they increase the penalty?

Please cite references in APA FORMAT
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes as long as I can get the answer by Saturday, Its fine

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks

Expert:  M. Kennedy replied 3 years ago.

I may be able to help you with this. When do you need the answers and are there formatting requirements?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

APA format and latest sunday morning

I'll have it for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay pending

Paper

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hey can you please provide the references as well that's all i'm missing...thank you!

1. http://womenshistory.about.com/cs/lives19th/a/blackstone_law.htm

2. Model Penal Code--assault; assault and battery

3. Model Penal Code--Arson

4. Iowa Code Section 321J