asciandwildlife
asciandwildlife, Master's Degree
Experience:  Published Researcher, Current PhD in Environmental Science Candidate
9201161

Which of the following demonstrates a CORRECT use or omission

Customer Question

Which of the following demonstrates a CORRECT use or omission of italics?
Answer Although there have been many famous ships that have sank, the Titanic remains one of the most well know.
My friend is always trying to get me to use Firefox, but I only use Internet Explorer.
I have always thought that Bright Lights, Big City was the quintessential 1980s novel.
Robert Frost's poem Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening is his best
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  asciandwildlife replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I would be glad to assist you.

The font used in the info boxes does not show italics.

If you could please upload the question using a word document I will be able to see the fonts and will be able to answer your question promptly!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Question 6

1. Which of the following demonstrates a CORRECT use or omission of italics?

Answer

Although there have been many famous ships that have sank, the Titanic remains one of the most well know.

Robert Frost's poem Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening is his best.

This is the correct use.
asciandwildlife, Master's Degree
Experience: Published Researcher, Current PhD in Environmental Science Candidate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Question 7

1. Which of the following statements about APA conventions is TRUE?

Answer

A block quotation is a direct quotation that is less than 40 words.

A direct quote is an exact, word-for-word (verbatim) excerpt from another's work set off by quotation marks.

A citation is different than an acknowledgment or attribution.

The period of a quoted sentence should be located at the end of the quotation, not the citation: "Quotation." (Smith, 2009, p. 46)

2 points

Question 8

1. Which of the following adjective or adverb double comparisons is CORRECT?

Answer

He was the most smartest man I ever knew.

Lindsey watched the scariest movie ever.

When I was in Europe, I went to the most coolest sites there were.

I was the more littler of my brothers and sisters.

2 points

Question 9

1. Which of the following demonstrates the CORRECT use or omission of a colon?

Answer

James and I agree on many things, but there is one thing on which we will never agree: politics.

The three things I like to do at the beach are: go swimming, pick up shells, and make sand castles.

While traveling through Northern Washington State, we encountered many wild animals mainly deer and birds.

The train was wonderful: and also exciting.

2 points

Question 10

1. Which of the following statements about causation is FALSE?

Answer

Cause and effect are inseparably linked and together make up causation.

Causation is a type of cause.

Causation helps us explain the actions and attitudes of groups.

Causation can help to anticipate government politics.

2 points

Question 11

1. Which of the following is NOT an effective use of the emotional appeal to write an argument?

Answer

Using hungry children to make a case about supporting local school-lunch programs

Using a gaunt, sickly cat as the face of an appeal for people to adopt pets only if they are prepared to take on the responsibility

Using a college student with a lost cell phone who wants to call home for an argument about free long distance service from dorm rooms

Using a thirsty homeless veteran as an argument for why veterans should receive greater benefits in the U.S.

2 points

Question 12

1. Which of the following is a CORRECT use or omission of a comma?

Answer

I am going to the store to buy bread milk and cheese.

She wants to see the Grand Canyon scale the mountain, and go scuba diving.

Jeremy was often described as chipper, well dressed, and on time.

They ate expensive food that they could not afford, and had desserts they could not pronounce, and danced the night away.

2 points

Question 13

1. When revising your paper with a computer, which of the following is good advice for improving your efficiency?

Answer

Keep only one copy of your paper; multiple versions can become confusing.

Allow the word processing program you use to control how you revise because the program is the authority.

Revise on the screen only.

When you have finished, read through the entire paper at least once to check the coherence of your draft.

2 points

Question 14

1. Which of the following is NOT a step in taking a first look at your writing?

Answer

Applying principles of good writing

Knowing your discourse community

Knowing your audience and purpose

Annotating source material

I would be glad to assist you with the next set of questions! If you could please rate/accept my previous answer first, I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, the font formatting for your next set of questions is not showing. Can you please post it like you did with the previous question set?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

7. A citation is different than an acknowledgment or attribution.

8. Lindsey watched the scariest movie ever.

9.

10. Causation is a type of cause.

11. Using a gaunt, sickly cat as the face of an appeal for people to adopt pets only if they are prepared to take on the responsibility

12. Jeremy was often described as chipper, well dressed, and on time.

13. When you have finished, read through the entire paper at least once to check the coherence of your draft.

14. Annotating source material