Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

Three important sub-disciplines of philosophy are addressed

Customer Question

Three important sub-disciplines of philosophy are addressed in this course: ethics, epistemology, and religion. For this paper, you will develop an argument that includes your own view on one specific topic relating to one of these sub-disciplines. Below is a list of topics from which you must choose. Feel free to combine topics that seem to fit with one another. It is recommended that you choose a topic that interests you or that you have thought about previously.

In philosophical papers, it is always best to present both sides of the issue (remember that there are usually more than two sides to any issue), and then to present the side that you find the most convincing. Remember to back up your position with logical reasoning and factual evidence. In addition, be sure to utilize the philosophical content and ideas that you have encountered in this course.
1. Identify the specific issue.
2. Make clear one basic dispute over this issue.
3. Clarify the arguments on multiple sides of the issue.
4. Structure an argument that supports the side of the issue you find to be better defended.
5. Explain why you find that side of the debate superior.
6. State your own view, and defend it with an argument.
7. Provide at least two references for each side of the debate.
Utilize the philosophical theories and ideas that you have encountered in this course as much as possible.

Ethics
What is the most convincing ethical system? Why?
Is it necessary to have universal ethical principles?
What are the fundamental principles of ethics?
What is the good life and how does one achieve it?
Is ethics natural or learned behavior?
What is an ethically bad life? How do we know?
How do humans differentiate between good and bad in the realm of ethics?
Do ethical actions have value apart from the outcomes of those actions?
Are humans free or determined, and how does this perspective relate to human responsibility?

Epistemology
What can humans know for certain and how can they justify that they actually know what they think they know?
What are the limits of human perception and cognition?
What is the relationship between scientific knowledge and other types of knowledge?
What are the limits of skepticism?
What are the differences between the mind and the brain?
Is radical relativism defensible?
What is the best epistemological argument and explanation of how humans perceive their worlds?
How did human consciousness emerge and where is it headed?

The paper must be six to eight pages in length, formatted according to APA style, and include a title and a reference page (which does not count towards the page length). Support your point with examples from the text and at least five sources, three of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.

I want you all to use your textbook and one other resource. Two other resources maximum sources.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need this by Monday night at 10:00 pm. I can wait for a little while.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue to search for a professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok like I said I need it by 10 Monday night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is anyone going to be able to help me with this or not. I need this paper done by 8/12/13 by 10 p.m. I have been asking for help since Thursday. I can not put this off much longer. :(

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professionals' assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I don't get a answer soon. I will leave a dissatisfaction comment.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Your question is open to all professionals and marked high priority. You'll receive an email notification if a professional replies. We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary. However, you have made a good faith deposit, which you can use to pay for a helpful answer, or have refunded upon your request. We appreciate your patience.
Expert:  Jane T(LLC) replied 1 year ago.

It looks like this is already past your deadline for this, but just in case, did you still need assistance with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is past deadline. I need a refund. ASAP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well it is now late and I done took care of it.