Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

Assignment Instructions and Requirements:For this assignment,

Customer Question

Assignment Instructions and Requirements:
For this assignment, you will finish working on the interface design you chose in
unit 5. (Do not change devices; it is important that you continue with this same
interface). This week, write a 3-4 page paper (not including the cover page and
references) in which you provide the information below to identify the use of
sound in your design.
Write in your own words (do not quote), but for this assignment you must use the
textbook as a reference for the ideas you use. Additional sources are not
required. See the Notes section below about formatting requirements.
Part 1. Introduction
Once again this week, provide an introduction to your interface design so that your
professor remembers the kind of device and interface you have been working on
for the last several weeks. It is permissible to copy the introduction you created for
Assignment 6A, as this is not graded this week, but simply a necessary reminder.
Part 2. Haptics Specification
Remember that unless a design is purely voice-activated, there is some haptic use.
It is assumed for the purposes of this assignment that your design is not purely
voice-activated.
Write a specification of the haptic elements in your proposed design. Provide details
and justifications for your choices. Although not all of the following may be applicable
to your design, this list may assist you in beginning to formulate your ideas:
Human action
 Perceived manual dexterity required - may relate to the interface/screen
real estate or amount of movements required to accomplish a task
 Amount of pressure required, whether user calibration will be an option
Device/interface response
 Physical response - such as a depressed key
 Virtual response - such as a color change upon click or change in touch
screen view
 Program response - what happens after the haptic is applied
Mechanics
 Describe any changes in the physical state, such as opening a slider cell
phone, and how this is accomplished by the user
Texture
 Interface surface textures
 If it is a hand-held device, the texture(s) of the casing, how it is held, etc.
You may find additional ideas in the textbook reading.
Part 3. Physical Requirements by the user
Write a half page to a full page to explain the rotational and translational movement
required by the user to use your interface, including information about the rotational
dynamics and/or parallelity. Details about these concepts are in the textbook
reading; remember to properly cite your source.
Part 4. Accessibility

Write a half page to a full page to describe how your design might accommodate
users with limited physical abilities such as those with arthritis or the inability to apply
much pressure to buttons, etc.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, this looks like a duplicate to the one I am already working on?

Customer :

tghe intro is the same other then that its different. the one your working on is unit 8 this one is unit 9

Steve Herrod :

Ok - when is this for?

Customer :

this one is for the 5th or 6th by noon if possible

Customer :

can you make the intro the same for an ipod touch and jus reuse it for the other one

Steve Herrod :

yep

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer :

thank you

Steve Herrod :

you're welcome

Steve Herrod :

Here is this document

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Steve Herrod :

Let me know if you got this ok

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve