Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management

Assignment Instructions: Complete the following questions

Customer Question

Assignment Instructions:
Complete the following questions in an MS Word Document in APA format. Double space your work and place in 12 point
font using Times New Roman. You must include both a separate cover and reference page.
1. At a company, you are responsible for securing a network server utilized primarily for data storage and internal
application sharing as well as for securing numerous desktop computers connected to the network. Describe the
access control that you would put in place for each and explain why.
2. Generate a message of at least 30 characters. Using a Vigenere cipher key that is at least three letters long,
encrypt the message. You should list the initial message, the cipher key chosen, and the encrypted message.
Explain how secure you think this message is and justify your reasoning.
3. For the network you have chosen to characterize, identify the forms of security utilized. Be sure to consider
physical as well as electronic security. For electronic security, be sure to include items like virus checks, firewalls,
and encryption protocols employed in addition to any access controls. Explain how each helps to secure the
network.
4. Two key aspect of the planning phase of the systems development life cycle are to assess needs and to identify
project objectives. For the Unit 10 project, you will be developing a proposal for improving or enhancing the
network that you have characterized throughout this class. List the needs of those making use of the network you
have characterized. Identify a need that is not fully met and explain the problems or deficiencies that exist. List
three or more specific project goals which if met would reduce or alleviate these problems or deficiencies.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 11 months ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, when would you need this by?

Customer :

this one is due by the 5th no later then the 6th by noon if possible

Steve Herrod :

ok - no problem

Customer :

One more question can you add a references to the papers for me if that's possible

Steve Herrod :

yes, no problem

Steve Herrod :

See attached

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Steve Herrod :

Let me know if you got this ok