Gnaritas
Gnaritas, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  I am skilled at writing papers from reports to research, also short essays.
32242116

FOR Gnaritas Identifying Research VariablesIdentifying

Customer Question

FOR Gnaritas Identifying Research Variables

Identifying Research Variables

Clearly identifying the independent and dependent variables in a study is a critical aspect of any research project. General Requirements: Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment: •In a study investigating the effects of humor on memory, Schmidt (1994) showed participants a list of sentences, half of which were humorous and half were non-humorous. Schmidt found that participants consistently recalled more of the humorous sentences than the non-humorous sentences, demonstrating that the use of humor increased participants’ recall of sentences. • This assignment requires APA style for their writing assignments. •This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included. Directions: In an essay of 500 words, thoroughly address the following items: 1.Define the term independent variable and identify the independent variable for this study. 2.Describe the scale of measurement used for the independent variable. 3.Define the term dependent variable and identify the dependent variable for this study. 4.Describe the scale of measurement used for the dependent variable. 5. Provide an example of a simple study using Schmidt (1994) as a model. State the purpose of the research (Schmidt’s purpose was to examine the effects of humor on memory), the research question (Schmidt's research question was: What are the effects of humor on memory?), the independent variable, and the dependent variable for your study. 6. Use Abstract, Introduction, Methods (Subjects, Materials, Procedure); Results, Discussion in answering the questions above. References to be used: Effects of humor on sentence memory. S R Schmidt (1994) Journal of experimental psychology Learning memory and cognition 20 (4) p. 953-967 Individual differences in sentence memory.by Rose XXXXX, XXXXX Gibson. Gravetter, F. J. & Wallnau, L. B. (2013). Statistics for the behavioral sciences (9th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Co. J R Anderson, G H Bowe r (1972). Configural properties in sentence memory in Journal Of Verbal Learning And Verbal Behavior. Rose XXXXX, XXXXX Gibson (2002). Individual differences in sentence memory. Journal of Psycholinguistic Research 31 (6) p. 573-598. Schmidt, S. R. (1994). Effects of humor on sentence memory. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, & Cognition, 20, 953–967. (pp. 35, 38, 81, 349, 375)

Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know, otherwise, no need to reply. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Gnaritas replied 1 year ago.

What day and time is the assignment due?

How many pages or words?

How many references are needed?

Is there additional information in order to complete the assignment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

At least 500 words minimum. At least 5 references with in text citation. Assignment Due Monday August 5th 2013 at 12 p.m.

Write in Third Person Scholarly writing: No quotes from Authors. Let your voice be heard and not reporting lecture back to me. Academic critical writing only. • Please expand your discussion and highlight other important theorists and theories where needed. • Introduction, and conclusion SHOULD be comprehensive and to include more main ideas and thoughts. Use transitional phrases to link one paragraph to the other. Please follow all instructions carefully and religiously. No assumptions. If you need any clarification on anything please let me know. Please note preferred plagiarism checker to check final writing is TURNITIN software not to be more than 8% plagiarized. Develop all arguments elaborately please.

Expert:  Gnaritas replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'm on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Expert:  Gnaritas replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In about two weeks from now I will send you an assignment on

Standard Deviation, Hypotheses, and Standard Error

Expert:  Gnaritas replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks for the heads up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Expert:  Gnaritas replied 1 year ago.
...
Expert:  Gnaritas replied 1 year ago.
Gnaritas, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: I am skilled at writing papers from reports to research, also short essays.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MINOR CORRECTIONS NEEDED

Abstract Page Line #3 How exactly is that importance of humor measured and what exactly are its benefits in areas such as memory?

Please reword

Page #4

Line #1 need to be reworded for grammatical error.

Page # XXXXX 19

humor in question than he will not see the humor and in turn will not react to the humor

Thanks

Expert:  Gnaritas replied 1 year ago.

Here are the revisions: https://app.box.com/s/hp1lnwd5mvmtp0vsebd0

Have a nice weekend.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What happened I don't understand. Can you feel me in. I felt bad that the assignment was not completed. Was it my fault?

Expert:  Gnaritas replied 1 year ago.
I got overwhelmed and was not able to complete the revisions. I do apologize that I was not able to make the corrections on time. I hope that you will consider working with me again in the future. The past few weeks have been hectic.