khadijahtriggs, Master's Degree
Experience:  Speech Therapist for 30 years in the New York City School System.

LASA 2 Identity FormationWe have learned that adolescence

LASA 2 Identity Formation

We have learned that adolescence is a time of transition between childhood and adulthood. A critical milestone of this stage is the ability to successfully achieve a sense of identity. Around the world, there are different rites of passage to mark the transition to adulthood. In the United States, this might include obtaining a driver's license, landing one's first job, senior prom, or high school graduation. In this assignment, we will explore the role that family and society play in the development of the individual's sense of self.

By Saturday, August 3, 2013, create two documents for parents of minority teens 1) A 9–12-slide PowerPoint presentation (complete with speaker's notes) and 2) an accompanying 1–2-page handout/flier in Word document or PDF format. Be sure that both illustrate the following:
1.Describe common rites of passage from two cultures around the world and compare them to a common American rite of passage. Possible resources might include National Geographic and the Argosy University Online Library.
2.Compare and contrast these rites to common US rites of passage. Do they coincide with the physical, cognitive, or socioemotional changes taking place at this age? Describe which specific changes (physical, cognitive, or socioemotional) they coincide with. Does this explain their importance in a particular culture?
3.How might such a social ritual, such as a rite of passage, influence the identity formation process of adolescents?
4.In light of Erikson and Marcia's theories, discuss how the process of identity development is affected when the adolescent belongs to a minority group (racial, ethnic, sexual, or religious). Be sure to explain these theories and how they apply to identity development.
5.Summarize research from at least two peer-reviewed* studies on the effect of minority status on identity development, ensuring you describe the main findings of the study as well as the research methods used to study the topic.
6.Apply the information you gathered from the online notes, textbook, and research articles to provide at least three practical recommendations for what the family, school, and community can do to ease the process for adolescents.

*Peer-reviewed means an article from a reputable journal, which can be found in the Argosy University Online Library. Peer reviewed indicates that other professionals in the field have reviewed and deemed it worthy of publication, in contrast to much if what we find online: someone posting something he or she wants to, without someone else verifying that the research methods were rigorous enough and the study is valid. If you must supplement from a website, do NOT use .coms. Instead, look for .org, .gov, and sometimes .edu for more reputable sources. Never use Wikipedia or

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i still need help.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue to search for a professional to assist you.
I would like to help you with this answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please.....thank you...

You would like a paper and a flyer correct.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.from 9_ 12 pages

Do you mean pages or slides?
Is this due August 3, 2013.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes is due august 3. is the slides add the two pages i believe.

I don't understand add the 2 pages would you explain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

iam sorry ....but yes you are right is the slide and the flyer.

It will be finished on time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay thank you

Here are your links if I answered your question give me 3 points or I won't get credit. Always use my work as a guide and model to your own for purposes of academic honesty.

khadijahtriggs, Master's Degree
Experience: Speech Therapist for 30 years in the New York City School System.