Eric M.
Eric M., Master's Degree
Experience:  Five years in academia, over a dozen peer-reviewed publications, multiple best paper awards, working toward PhD.

350 TO 500 WORDS ON THIS QUESTION: - A novice object-oriented programmer is building a simulation air-combat game. He intends to model an airplane as consisting of the following parts: wing, tail, engine, and fuselage. He comes up with the following two alternative designs (Note: the triangle in the diagram below denotes inheritance)

Do you have any comments on these two designs? What is the relationship between a wing and the airplane? Is inheritance the appropriate way to capture this relationship? Discuss your reasoning. (Hint: Take a look at Chapter 13 in your textbook and the discussion on collaborators and CRC cards.)

Hey! Welcome to JustAnswer! I'll be happy to help you with this.

Here are my thoughts on this: (link)

Thanks! If this answer is acceptable, please remember to click 'Accept' or give positive feedback when prompted. If you need further assistance before this is deemed acceptable, please don't hesitate to ask for more detail. Thanks again!

(FYI, I use plain text files since some people, including myself, don't have Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word will still open it just fine, but let me know if you want me to convert this to .doc anyway and I can on my work computer)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its a nice start but i was hoping for some example code or an image. also you missed out on the hint shown in the question (Hint: Take a look at Chapter 13 in Object first with Java and the discussion on collaborators and CRC cards.)

i can send you a copy of the book if you don't have it.

the last thing that i would like is citing and referencing which needs to be part of the text.

once you've done this then i would be happy to rate and finish.

No worries, I'd be happy to supply some example code. By an image, do you mean some UML?

Regarding the hint, I think that hint is suggesting that you'd find answers to the question or tips on how to approach it there -- collaborators and CRC cards don't have much to do with this topic, but the content of those sections likely reflected on the questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fair points, happy with your comments and would be happy with an example code, an image (UML) and some referencing in the body of the text.

Sure thing -- what referencing do you mean? As in, some scholarly references, or...?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

correct, some scholarly refs and some relevant comments from design books etc.

I'm actually not sure what you mean -- you mean comments on object-oriented programming in general, or something more specific to this particular project?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bit of both please. some citing and referencing on oo programing and design as well as specific stuff on this project would be great.

Alright, here's the revised write-up: (link)

And here's the UML: (link)