Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management

Throughout this course, you have examined various cultu

Customer Question

Throughout this course, you have examined various cultures and the way your cultures influence your communication with individuals from other cultures. For this Assignment, you will integrate this new knowledge into the writing of a proposal for a television script that incorporates characters from diverse cultures and subcultures who are mostly effective intercultural communicators although one of them needs to be an ineffective intercultural communicator.

Your characters might include a Caucasian country girl from Iowa who is a star athlete and graphic designer; an Asian city boy from Los Angeles who is a rapper and also works the computer help desk; or an African-American marketing specialist from Chicago. Your characters will interact in a professional workplace setting. Once the script is written, you will write a 400 word explanation for each character that explains why each character acts the way he or she does. Your script should take account of the legitimate behaviors within cultures and not be satisfied with only the stereotypes associated with them.

To help you create your characters, check out “Creating Characters for a Multicultural Scene” in Doc Sharing. You do not need to take every suggestion the document offers, but the information can help you start thinking about who your characters might be. Once you have created the characters, you will imaginatively put them in the scene and let them interact.

Follow these “Assignment specifics” to meet all the requirements:

The Assignment must adhere to APA style, for which you can find an introduction in the APA Quick Reference Guide in Course Home.
There is no need for citation or referencing in the script, but you do need to cite and reference appropriately in the character explanation section.
Include a cover page, a running head, and a reference page.
Create three or four characters of different cultural backgrounds.
One character must be ineffective in intercultural communication.
The characters must interact in a professional workplace setting.
Provide a script that includes at least two group conversations with all the characters. Characters may interact one-on-one as well, but the two group scenes are required.
Provide a script that is at least three pages in length and that includes sample dialogue and interaction. Put each character’s dialogue on a separate line preceded by the character’s name. Include actions in parentheses.
For each character, include a minimum 400 word explanation about the character’s culture and actions. Why does the character act or react this way, from a cultural point of view? Include citations and references in these summaries to meet the source requirements.
Use a minimum of five sources about the cultures represented in the script. These could include the course textbook, readings from the course, resources from the Kaplan library, and print or electronic publications.

Arrange the assignment paper in the following order:

Cover sheet
Introduction of characters and setting
Scripts
Character explanations
Reference page

Submitting your Assignment

Save your Assignment in a Word document, in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:

Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”

In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 9: Assignment.

In the “Comments” field, include at least the title of your paper.

Click the “Add Attachments” button.

Follow the steps listed to attach your PowerPoint document.

To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated and returned it.

ID: CM305-09-10-P
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 11 months ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes I still need your help. If you can by tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I edited my price to $70. Can you help me?

Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professionals' assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, but I need it by tonight if possible. Thank you once again and God bless.

Thank you for your reply. Your question is open to all professionals and marked high priority. You'll receive an email notification if a professional replies. We appreciate your patience.
Expert:  khadijahtriggs replied 11 months ago.
Do you want a power point and a paper?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes I am sorry for not answering sooner.

Which one is the power point and which is the paper? How many pages for each one?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Just do it on paper only. Thanks again and God bless.

okay great.
I will not have time to complete this I will try hard to get another expert for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Okay, but I need it today. Thanks again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Will anyone be able to help me today? Please let me know.

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find another professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Angela